No products in the cart.

Guardians of the Republic Forums Community Preparedness Teams (CPTs) Physical Security what to wear and bring to a security detail

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Doc 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

EARL WEBB
    Participant

I have settled on a khaki bdu type of marked uniform/apparel outfit for a unit of mounted security I am forming in Alabama, in Hazel Green. It is Madison County and just outside Huntsville, Alabama. It will be the khaki trousers, black T-shirt or polo from Oathkeepers and black or khaki colored cap, khaki bdu top with  oathkeepers shoulder patch with rocker on left shoulder, American Flag and Alabama Flag Patch on Right Shoulder with name sewn name tag over the left breast pocket.

Now, being from a law enforcement and military background, I am thinking about a black nylon duty/gun belt with holster, magazine pouch, flashlight ring, walkie case, and of course a rifle with a sling if needed on a detail.

I know Oathkeepers is not a militia group but with the crazy left-wing groups like Antifa and idiot politicians like maxene waters calling for the killing  and harassing of President Trump and Republican Supporters, I think we all need to start packing and wear some kind of Oathkeeper Apparel or uniform so we can be recognized by the law enforcement agencies that we are assisting as the GOOD GUYS !  I know here, where I live, the local law enforcement wants to know who they have helping them and want them to wear some kind of group uniform or apparel so they will know the unit! As a former law enforcement officer, I often had people helping me search for lost persons or  recover bodies from the waters in Mississippi and I wanted to know who I had working with me and I usually gave them a marked vest so that they could get through barricades that were set up to keep reporters and civilians out of the search or  staging area and off potential crime scenes , so they did not trample on evidence.

When we are called out on a detail by Oathkeepers such as the call for persons to assist the border patrol in looking for the sex trafficking sites in Arizona, did the members of Oathkeepers carry their handguns or rifles?  Also, if we are called to provide security for border patrol officers and their families or to stand guard outside a school as a volunteer, etc, Do we carry our rifles and handguns? I assume the answer to this is yes because we would not be of much use if someone started shooting at us or the persons we are supposed to be protecting!

PLEASE, SOMEONE THAT HAS BEEN ON ONE OF OATHKEEPERS CALL UP MISSIONS ANSWER MY QUESTIONS SO I WILL KNOW BRIEFLY WHAT TO EXPECT!

Matt McD~

EARL WEBB

Mentoring in New York City

https://www.facebook.com/1249783608/posts/10212594076907437/

Mentoring Boston Commons

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=325421428026178&id=136290103605979

No uniform, no battle rattle. Just average Joe’s wearing OK shirts talking with the people.

Doc
    Participant

According to Scott Dunn:  Standard load out for ops is tactical pants, no camouflage. Oath Keepers cover.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.