No products in the cart.

Guardians of the Republic Forums Community Preparedness Teams (CPTs) Physical Security Type of BDU uniform and patches were to use

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Dawn 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

EARL WEBB
    Participant

I would like to know the kind of BDU UNIFORM THATVWE SHOULD GET AND THE PATCHES WE SHOULD GET AND WHERE THEY ARE TO BE PLACED ON THE BDU BLOUSE ? I AM STARTING A HORSEBACK MOUNTED SECURITY/ SEARCH AND RESCUE UNIT IN ALABAMA SINCE THERE IS NO UNIT IN ALABAMA AND I NEED TO KNOW THE RANK STRUCTURE I AM TO USE? WHAT RANK SHOULD I PUT ON MY UNIFORM SINCE I AM THE FOUNDER OF THE UNIT AND WHAT RSNK SHOULD I ASSIGN MY SECOND IN COMMAND AND ON DOWN THE LINE? WE LIVE IN THE FOOTHILLS OF THE APPALACHIAN MOUNTAINS AND WE HAVE VERY ROUGH TERRAIN WHERE ONLY HORSES OR PERSONS ON FOOT CAN GO! I HAVE ALREADY GOT MYSELF, A NAVY VETERAN AND A EMT AND DISPATCHER JOINING MY UNIT AND OATHKEEPERS AND I EXPECT AT LEAST 20 MORE PEOPLE TO JOIN OUR UNIT. OUR UNIT WILL BE TAUGHT THE PROPER MILITARY CAVALRY DRILL AND HORSEBACK FIGHTING TECHNIQUES AND FIGHTING ON FOOT TO DRAW OUT THE ENEMY TO TEST THEIR STTENGTH AS WELL AS SCOUTING MISSIONS AND SEARCH AND RESCUE AND SECURITY OPERATIONS. I AM A DISABLED MARINE CORP MACHINE GUNNER AND A RETIRED STATE OF MISSISSIPPI GAME WARDEN AND A SWORN IN DEPUTY FEDERAL OFFICER WITH

THE US FISH AND WILDLIFE SERVICE AND HAVE ALSO SERVED AS. A RESERVE PATROL OFFICER FOR THE. ARDMORE TENNESSEE AND ARDMORE ALABAMA POLICE DEPARTMENT AND A AUXILLARY PATROL OFFICER WITH THE COLUMBUS MISSISSIPPI POLICE DEPARTMENT, AND A PATROL OFFICER FOR THE MISSISSIPPI UNIVERSITY FOR WOMEN WHILE I. WAS WAITING ON THE GAME WARDEN SPOT TO COME OPEN. I AM ALSO A LICENSED GUNSMITH AND FIREARMS AND TACTICAL GEAR RETAILER AND HORSE TRAINER AND MEMBER OF THE 7TH TENNESSEE MOUNTED CAVALRY. IT IS A LIVING HISTORY UNIT THAT DOES CIVIL WAR REENACTING. AND PUTS ON EXHIBITIONS AT NATIONAL CIVIL WAR BATTLE FIELDS FOR THE DEPT OF THE INTERIOR AND PARK SERVICE! I AM LOOKING FOR RECRUITS FOR OR UNIT!

Matt McD~

Oath Keepers is not a militia. There is no uniform or rank but it is important to look neat and professional. Personally  I like the business casual  look, an OK collared Polo Shirt and kaki pants. If you are starting a chapter I suggest  the title Chapter Leader or something simular.

EARL WEBB
    Participant

Thanks. I was referring to a uniform for a horseback mounted search and rescue and security unit or part of my chapter. We have people getting lost all the time as We are located in the foot hills of the Appalachian mountains. The terrain is too steep for ATV OR VEHICLE USE AND VERY ROUGH ON WALKERS. NOW I WILL JUST ADVISE MEMBERS TO GET A BLACK OATHKEEPERS SHIRT. CAP AND A PAIR OF KKAKI BDU STYLE EMT TROUSERS . THIS MAKES A NEAT CASUAL STYLE UNIFORM THST WILL WORK IN ALL SITUATIONS. WHEN WE ARE CALLED UPON TO WORK A SECURITY DETAIL LIKE ASSISTING THE BORDER PATROL, DO WE WEAR A TACTICAL VEST WITH BODY ARMOR , RIFLE AND PISTOL MAGS AND CANTEENS LIKE THE POLICE WEAR? AND A PISTOL BELT IF MEMBERS HAVE A PERMIT? I AM JUST GETTING STARTED RECRUITING AND ALREADY HAVE 4 MEMBERS. THEY ARE EX MILITARY AND EMT AND PARAMEDICS.

lcgraham
    Participant

Earl, don’t use all caps in your forum posts, it sort of looks like you are screaming at the audience.

TW
    Participant

Earl, Don’t use black ok t’s for search and rescue.

Use high visibility t’s and hats like orange or similar.

You can add a Ok’s logo to it if you will.

I’m a Director for NM Search and Rescue.

We use high-vis t’s and hat and coyote brown bdu’s.

Easy to spot in the forest.

Also I’m a Rescue Diver with the NM State Police.

tw.

EARL WEBB
    Participant

Yeah, I Know that an orange hunter vest is what we used when I was a Mississippi Wildlife Enforcement Officer.  I retired in 1998. I have been on hundreds of search and rescue and body recovery details! I was talking basically about a  stand around BDU type uniform to identify Oathkeepers members. I have several people that will join the search and rescue unit but do not qualify to be an Oathkeeper member. The local Law enforcement agencies want to know what groups are who and what they represent around here. I live just outside Huntsville, Alabama in a small city/rural area, but in Huntsville, we have everything from radical leftists to KKK units. Don’t want to get mixed up with any of that mess!

EARL WEBB
    Participant

I got a question that I need help with from someone that has been on a school watch/security aid type situation! I have a good friend of mine that is a retired Navy man and was a navigator in a sub hunter plane. Bless, his heart, he is a great guy but knows nothing at all about firearms! He carried a Model 10 Smith and Wesson on him in the Navy but I seriously doubt if he could hit a wall if the muzzle of the revolver was placed against it! He teaches history at his grandchildren’s Church/School and the administration has set up a very weird type of armed roving patrol! They are to all wear the same color shirt and khaki trousers on the day that it is their turn to pull security detail! None of these people to my knowledge have even been to the range yet and the school has just started! They are to carry concealed, and they were talking about using dang ankle holsters but I hope I have them talked out of this because as a retired law enforcement officer I know an ankle holster is hard to get to, easy to come off and get kicked out on the deck and will not work with the type of handgun that is needed for the job! It would be like carrying a ball and chain around on your ankle all day. The School did not get any local Law enforcement agencies to help set their security program up, instead, they got some podunk security outfit to advise them! I could tell when he told me that they all would wear the same exact color Polo shirt and trousers that it would not take anyone with any kind of a brain to just watch a few weeks and they could figure out who was armed on campus! I persuaded him to tell the School officials to get their local law enforcement to assist them and to do away with that same outfit stuff if they were going concealed carry and wear everyday clothing If they were only doing roving, outside security , have them to get some type of high visibility armbands or vest and put it in a pocket or small pack or something! Now, he has asked me if I would volunteer to do some standby security to back them up if needed! I, of course, would have to stay off School grounds because I am not an employee or connected with the School/Church. I have no problem with that at all and am willing to assist whenever I can, but I want to know how Oathkeepers would do it! I will, of course, let  Law enforcement and School officials know who I am and what I am doing sitting across from the school with binoculars and a radio and what I will be wearing the days I am volunteering my time! I think I have all my bases covered but if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears!

I am used to being an armed, uniformed officer with a rifle and or riot gun with me while on duty unless undercover, then only my sidearm! I really get a little squeamish just trying to picture this security set up and the many different types of firearms these people will be carrying! When I told my friend to make sure that everyone that was going to be armed to carry controlled expansion ammunition to avoid shooting thru people and walls and injuring or killing innocents, he asked me what and where to get that kind of ammunition??? As we say in the CORP, this is going to be one giant Cluster ***K if a shooter situation does happen!

MadDuner
    Participant

That school situation sounds plain old scary.  I don’t think it’s responsible at all to have people roaming around on school grounds with a firearm unless they are qualified to do so…. As in understanding when use of force is permitted, what equipment (firearm AND ammo) to use, and of course competency using said firearm.

It just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

EARL WEBB
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>My exact thoughts but these School officials are sort of a little snobbish, high society type that think they know more than us plain ole police officers! They hired that “want a be, rent a cop” security agency to devise their carry program! They will be the first ones shot when the Real Police arrive at the scene if a shooter situation ever does happen!</p>

Doc
    Participant

From Scott Dunn, it is my understanding that the “uniform” for us is:  Standard load out for ops is tactical pants, no camouflage. Oath Keepers cover.

Doc

EARL WEBB
    Participant

I purchased a set of khaki bdu , trousers and blouse. I am putting oathkeepers shoulder patche’s on both shoulders . on the left side under the oathkeepers patch I am putting a UNITED STATES FLAG AND on the other shoulder the ALABAMA STATE FLAG. I AM PUTTING A SEWN ON NAME TAG OVER THE LEFT BREAST POCKET! A BLACK OATHKEEPER T SHIRT UNDERNEATH AND THE KHAKI OATHKEEPER HAT. BLACK BELT AND BLACK BOOTS. I STILL HAVE MY LAWENFORCEMENT BELT RIGS. BLACK LEATHER BASKET WEAVE AND BLACK NYLON

I WILL PROBABLY WEAR THE BLACK NYLON WHEN WE ARE DOING SECURITY AND WEAR MY OLIVE DRAB TACTICAL VEST THAT HAS WATER BLADDER AND MAGAZINE POUCHES AND  FIRST AID KIT ATTACHED TO IT. MY AR_15 RIFLES HAVE LASERS, SCOPES, FLASH LIGHT WITH STROBE AND FOREGRIP THAT HAS A RETRACTABLE BIPOD. I carry a Springfield xd 40 handgun with 3 extra mags and has a laser on it.

I am a disabled MARINE CORP VET band a retired State of. Mississippi LAWENFORCEMENT Officer.

Doc
    Participant

US flag should always be the top patch on what ever side you put it on, with the stars to the front of the body…  Not below the OK patch..  State flags are typically on the top as well, or under the US flag.

Doc

EARL WEBB
    Participant

Thanks. I could not remember if it went above or below the patch. Been a while since I was in the Marines.

Dawn
    Participant

Yeah, that detail situation sounds like a disaster waiting for an opportunity to happen. The last school I worked at did not allow firearms even when carried by licensed personnel like us security people–only sworn peace officers allowed to carry on campus. We did go in civvies for the very reason you stated (and likely to save the state money on uniforms, if the truth be told!) However, it did serve to make us a little more approachable by the students, I think.

Wanted to comment a little on your goal to have a mounted SAR team, and be able to fight from a mounted position. I’ve worked with horses most of my life, and a well-trained horse can be taught not to panic even when a gun is fired from the saddle–but that type of scenario is rather rare these days. Some ranches out in the back of Tenbucktoo might have working horse trained for this, and exposition mounted cavalry teams as well, but finding a good team that can train their horses, AND have good enough horsemanship to pull it off, might be a bit tough. I know you’ve mentioned working mounted SAR before, so I’m probably preaching to the choir, LOL, so please forgive me if that is so. Just thought I’d mention the extreme flight-or-fight response in prey/herd animals like horses, is painstaking work but doable with a good trainer. I do think the mounted SAR team is a great idea!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.