No products in the cart.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Storm1 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Storm1
    Participant

Article

Just found out about this to-day but Nextdoor has been around for a few years. I did a search on our forums here but it produced zero results. So I’m not alone in my ignorance!

The concept is great and might be a great asset to CPT. However, as I imagined, they’ve had some problems protecting privacy. They bought out Streetlife in the UK which seemed to have had better privacy protections. This loss of privacy caused a negative reaction (see above link). Yea, privacy seems will be/is a challenge for this kind of platform.

I haven’t yet registered to find out first hand what reliable settings would be available to me to protect my privacy. Bear in mind I keep a separate trash container for the name and address part of my mail as trash to be destroyed. I’m hoping someone will have some experience and input to this Topic. Perhaps Forward Observer will take a look at this (if not already) and evaluate it.

cavtroopermunoz
    Participant

Relying on any form of communication over the Internet for secure communication is not a good plan. I would say it’s OK to use these apps for meetups, scheduling and general warnings, but need to know information should be given in person. Look at what’s happened to Google, YouTube(owned by Google), Skype just to name a few. If you didn’t create it then you are at the mercy of those that did for your security.

Storm1
    Participant

Agreed. That’s why I don’t have a Facebook account anymore.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Storm1.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.