No products in the cart.

Guardians of the Republic Forums Start Here Troubleshooting Organization and Urgency

This topic contains 22 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Shoeless 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Brian Griffin
    Participant

I have been a member of this organization for almost 3 months. I just barely received a membership package. What is this? The forums are dead, there is nothing really explaining organization from the top down, there is nothing on here telling us where or who to contact on a state by state basis…. Did I just pay for a membership to a gear store? I like the idea of what is trying to be dome here, but I just see no enthusiasm or urgency to get an organized and well regulated militia up and going in every state. I don’t see any effort at all to get this into an organized and structured force. Isnt that the point? What are we waiting for?!? We are heading into trouble and it will be sooner rather than later. Maybe I am wrong and maybe I am missing something here but I am willing to do whatever it takes on my end, I just have nothing to go on. Please advise.

PatriotNP
    Participant

Welcome Brian,

I joined in Sept 2018 and haven’t even received an OK membership package! I share your frustration. Repeated attempts to contact Texas OK leadership has been futile. Gonna see what happens in the new year but won’t stick around indefinitely. Will seek more organized group as I want to do my part to defend our Constitution. If you hear anything please let me know. What state are you in?

Brian Griffin
    Participant

Haha. This is the fourth time I have posted on here, and between those, and emails to leadership, this is the first time I have heard from anyone on here. I canceled annual renewal last week, as I was starting to suspect that the only oath we are keeping is the one to fund Stewart Rhodes’ retirement. Oh well. I’m in Utah. I am currently doing a little research as to how to start state militias and I am thinking of just starting my own site, as all I am seeing on the right is meek complacency in the face of extremely aggressive maneuvering toward totalitarianism. It’s really, really frustrating. I’ll keep you posted as I learn more and please, feel free to do the same. brian.griffin0710@protonmail.com

PatriotNP
    Participant

Thanks Brian. Was beginning to feel like I was the only one yelling hello in the Grand Canyon! I will likely do the same. Looking for a Constitutional group, not an anarchist/ anti-government group. Have to be careful. Good luck on your journey. If you get any good intel please do share. WWG1WGA!

4goodens@sbcglobal.net (Brent)

Ken
    Participant

Between responding to all of the hurricanes last year, and border security this year, I’m surprised Mr. Rhodes has any energy left.  I would be burned out if I were him.  But I have not information as to what’s going on.  I’m just sorry to hear that membership packages are stalled.  When I joined in 2016, my package arrived quickly, and when I upgraded to Life shortly after, it was another fast package.

On the local level, it seems that membership is what you make of it (Rhodes calls for national volunteers for specific operations from time to time).  Find people here, then meet in person, then form local teams if you hit it off.  The old forum webpage had subscriptions to state chapters, so you could see people from your state in one thread (on state-related topics).  There used to be state representatives — and they used to be seen on that old forum webpage.  (I think we didn’t adjust well to the forum change/new website.)  One thing is for sure, if any of you are vacationing in my area when the shit hits the fan, I’d take you in if I saw an Oath Keepers bumper sticker on your car.  I already saw one Oath Keeper with an out-of-state license plate drive by once — Virginia plates, I think (I’m in rural northern California.)  Probably didn’t even know I had his six.

Anyway, welcome!  (Even though it’s officially delayed for several new members).

Brian Griffin
    Participant

The problem being, he is asking for money for something that I can’t see any apparent point to. I’m not here to cause problems or to just sit around grumbling when everything is running well…. But maybe I just didnt understand what this was about. This really is the very first time anyone has responded to me about anything. Really. And you can understand how a guy might feel like he has just been conned when all of the above happens. Look, if Mr. Rhodes is out there doing all of these things, great, and good for him.  I just think it is irresponsible to be asking for money from people to be part if an organization when there is no organization. I also think that the financials in regards to this organization should be available so we at least know where our money is going (maybe they are, I literally know nothing more about this group now than when I joined, other than there is apparently no group. It’s like trying to get informations from the Masons). Anyway, I’m glad you have enjoyed your time here, sincerely, and I only wish you the best…. I just have a vastly different experience. Thanks for your service.

NEBOATHKEEPER

Hello everyone,

I am the National Membership Coordinator. This last year was a very bumpy one, we have redesigned everything from the ground up. Between rebuilding and having to let people go who were in critical positions we have made it through the transition quite well. Currently we are about 2 months behind on membership packets but are catching up quickly. My apologies for the delay but I am working as fast as I can to catch up. For those of you who have not received your packets and have signed up before November 2018 please email me your: Name, Address & Phone Number with the email address you used when signing up,  to: ne@oathkeepers.org . Most likely there is a discrepancy with your membership account and I will need this info to address the issue. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Thank You & welcome aboard!

Brian Griffin
    Participant

Hello Neb,

Do you have any sort of mission statement or goals that we are working towards as a whole? Do you have any sort of command structure we can look at or a list of contacts for new people? Are we just an auxiliary waiting to be called up? I just dont really know anything about what is going on here or what we are doing. I received a membership package finally and it talks about restoring the republic but doesnt really explain how we are going about doing this. It also asks to take an active leadership role and give contact info to do that, but nobody responds when you email. Honestly, I’m not just here to BMC, I have asked how to go about becoming active multiple times and how I can help in any capacity….. But it’s just been crickets chirping for 3 months or so.

NEBOATHKEEPER

Brian,

Here are the links to the About & Bylaws for OK,

About Oath Keepers

Oath Keepers Bylaws

Concerning command structure & current events in your area, this varies state by state and you should be able to contact your state leaders using this page:

State Chapters

The old forum had more on it but most of it was old information, we are hoping as time goes on we will have more people start contributing here and help rebuild the community.

What email address have you been sending to? Email me with your info ( ne@oathkeepers.org ), I will be more than happy to assist where I can.

Thanks!

Doc
    Participant

“The old forum had more on it but most of it was old information, we are hoping as time goes on we will have more people start contributing here and help rebuild the community.”

We have attempted this, but until you showed up (without giving us your name so we know who we are talking to…) no one from the top has come to talk with us.  Most of our questions, at least for us newbies has required response from above….  Once we know what is going on, we can help grow things.

All the talk about the old forum is bubcus…  Just fix this one so we can actually use it, and then things will start happening here.  Also help us to better understand what OK is about now (the bylaws and “about us” are pretty generic) and more on the organizational chart and we would be good to go…

Doc

Brian Griffin
    Participant

Neb,

I emailed you last night and havent recieved any response. I realize it’s the weekend but this is a pattern with this community, weekend or weekday.

To summarize my email: I have read the bylaws. In fact, I have read everything on this site, trying to figure out what is going on because nobody will answer any questions. I have tried to contact my local headquarters, and I tried again last night. Once again, the mission statement says we are to restore the constitution. It doesnt say anything, at all, about how that goal will be achieved. If this is just an auxiliary of men at the ready to respond to natural disasters, fine, just say that, I dont know how it restores the constitution, but at least we have something to go on.  At least we know what we are a part of.

The almost cryptic communications about the “before” and “after” sounds like there was some kind of purge and now there isnt anyone left to run this operation. Is that accurate? And if it is, why wont anyone respond to people offering their time and abilities to get things up and running?

Like I said, I am here to help and be of service but if nobody point me in a direction, I’m just stuck spinning my wheels.

floraspec
    Participant

Oathkeepers is not a militia. So if you expect to make one here, you will probably get removed from the forums. Go to the main website as there is a lot more explanation about the do’s and don’ts.

Dan Griffiths
    Keymaster

We have attempted this, but until you showed up (without giving us your name so we know who we are talking to…) no one from the top has come to talk with us.  Most of our questions, at least for us newbies has required response from above….  Once we know what is going on, we can help grow things.

Hey Doc! I’ll happily give my name! I’m Dan, and I’m the National IT Director, and the Nebraska State Security Director. I’ll be the first to admit that the last few months have been really rough on everyone. As our Membership Coordinator indicated, we had some major issues last year with having to let some people in the National hierarchy go (including both the former IT Director and Membership Coordinator), and we’ve been in a sort of time crunch ever since trying to catch up and dig out from the mess they left us with.

I emailed you last night and havent recieved any response. I realize it’s the weekend but this is a pattern with this community, weekend or weekday.

Patience is a virtue! When our new Membership Coordinator took over we discovered that his predecessor had left us several months behind with incomplete records. It’s been an incredibly painful process, but between several of us in national leadership we’ve managed to sort out around 90% of it and are almost completely caught up. As was said earlier, if you (or anyone else) is missing their membership packet (and didn’t sign up within the last two months), send an email to ne@oathkeepers.org to make sure we have accurate and up to date information for you. A ton of the users who joined last year only have partial or inaccurate information on file.

I have read everything on this site, trying to figure out what is going on because nobody will answer any questions.

Sorry about that! I can definitely understand how frustrating that could be! If you have specific questions and aren’t getting answers, please feel free to contact me and I’ll do my best to either answer them or direct you to the right people to get answer. My email is dgriffiths@oathkeepers.org.

If this is just an auxiliary of men at the ready to respond to natural disasters, fine, just say that, I dont know how it restores the constitution, but at least we have something to go on.

That’s definitely part of it, but far from all of it! We do try to encourage our members to be ready to provide support during natural (or man-made) disasters, for sure. If you have any relevant training, try to help other in your area learn. If you don’t have relevant training, figure out where you fit (or want to fit) in an emergency situation and we’ll try to help you get the information/resources necessary to learn the skills you’ll need to make yourself useful.

On the other hand, there’s a lot more to what we’re doing than just being helpful during emergencies. A huge part of what we do is in outreach and community awareness. You’d be surprised how many of your friends and neighbors don’t know anything about the country that they live in, our values, or our way of life. A little bit of knowledge goes a long way!

Oathkeepers is not a militia.

Truth! We most certainly aren’t a militia, at least not in the commonly used sense. Although, it’s worth noting that the definition of “militia” isn’t remotely what it was originally intended to be.

Brian Griffin
    Participant

Look, if you think that threatening me about being removed from an organization that I have never felt like I was a part of…. Do your worst. I never said they are a militia. I said I have no idea what they actually are, and asked if organizing state militias (per the constitution, that thing you are restoring), might be part of it.  You cant have an organization that just ignores new people for months on end, and if they complain they are removed. It’s a ridiculous standard for growth.

floraspec
    Participant

My apologies Brian. I made the mistake of only reading your post from the 20th without reading all the other responses. I tried to delete my post so it would cause you no harm, unfortunately that was also a failure.

I was just over posting the latest Oathkeeper picture to my facebook page. Then I posted to twitter also. That is where I realized there still are a lot of supporters still connected on both sites. Unfortunately it isn’t easy to find locals especially since neither easily allow (from my knowledge) contacting locals.

I live in Upsidedownegon(Oregon), my name is Tom (I go by floraspec on YouTube, twitter, meetup & here) I had been leading on the 2nd forum (now defunct) the National Forum Chapel under Admin, along with Oregon’s Chapel in the state forums section.

I am an associate member (meaning I didn’t serve in the armed services, police or fire. Although I served in Oregon in Corrections on the support staff side, not as an officer).

Please forgive my errors.

It has been difficult for us as we transition to WordPress. Before I joined originally there was a forum that was quite diverse that I only heard about. Many decided not to join the 2nd forum yet a new group, me included, joined and interacted (about 600). With the 3rd forum in place and the lack of response by many, they seem to have given up on wasting any more time on the forum.

I was the Marion County Oregon Coordinator as an Associate until the Bundy Ranch situation, then all the Associate members were demoted out of local leadership. Those of us committed to the cause, stayed on after the demotion. We adjusted.

One of the things I noticed in our local group was about 1/3 of those involved didn’t or couldn’t serve in the armed forces. Those that couldn’t, didn’t meet the minimum criteria, either mentally or physically.

We had numerous meetings in Oregon listed on Meetup.com Once we lost that connection, coordinated efforts continued to diminish. Where I live then went independent for a while until it also disbanded.

Try going on http://www.meetup.com for your local area, you may find that there are still active participants in your area or state.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.