No products in the cart.

Guardians of the Republic Forums Start Here New Member Intros – Say Hello! New Member from Albuquerque, NM Area

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lcgraham 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Robert Schuerman
    Participant

Hey all, just moved to the southwest from Wisconsin and Alaska, and looking to connect with like minded patriots.  Anyone know of any OathKeeper chapters or groups in this area, and if not, any advice on how to get a chapter going…  Give me a shout and say hi if you’re from this area and please provide any thoughts on a local chapter!!!  Thanks all and let’s work to keep this REPUBLIC going another 200+ years!!!!!

John Devonshire
    Participant

Welcome to New Mexico.  I have lived in Jemez Springs for about 15 years and have not found a chapter of Oath Keepers nearby. I would like to see a chapter started here. I live in a semi-remote area and have found little interest in starting a chapter. Let me know your thoughts on starting a chapter in Albuquerque.

Dawn
    Participant

Welcome, Robert! I too live in a rural area, in south-central Oklahoma.

lcgraham
    Participant

John and Robert,

I’ve been “acting” as the contact person for the Albuquerque Metro Area and surrounding community and the State of New Mexico if necessary since July 2018.  Contact me here so we can start the discussion what we want to do and how we are going to achieve it.

I have an MPH with a concentration in Disaster and Emergency Management and Hazards Mitigation.  In my “free” time, I’m involved with other local groups tasked with medical response, search and rescue, shelter operations and light tactical rescue.  We have several teams covering the major metro areas and we are looking to expand these services into the surrounding communities.  None of them are associated with the OathKeepers, but am looking at these other organizations to supplement needed basic training in the necessary skills.

Please note, that I’m not always on the forum so it may take me a few days to respond.

Robert Schuerman
    Participant

Hi Guys,

My apologies to you John for not replying to your message. Life got away from me again so I didn’t see your reply to my post.

Hey LCGRAHAM, thanks so much for your information. I’d really love to get involved in many of the areas you mentioned in addition to perhaps getting a bit more organized as a group in the central New Mexico area. How do we do that?  Can we get together and form a chapter and then move forward with efforts to attract members to our group?  I’d love to take a leadership role in doing so, but need help and direction.

How can we move forward?  Let’s get your thoughts!!

Bob

lcgraham
    Participant

Thanks Robert,

Maybe we can do a “meet and greet” in the next couple/few weeks, see where our interests lie and what we’d like to see for the future; Come up with a list of priorities to accomplish in the near future, establish a baseline for needed assets, education and training, recruitment etc.

I live by the Sunport, so I think we can meet somewhere in the Metro area.  Any suggestions for a meeting place?  Be advised that I work weekend swing and night shifts, so weekend meetings are probably out.

Robert Schuerman
    Participant

Hey there,

I think getting together and trying to lay a foundation sounds like an excellent idea!  I know there is just a ton of details to get something like a local chapter off the ground, but as they say, you have to start somewhere.  I would think one of the restaurants or even that local micro brewery that’s located along the frontage road of I25 around I think Montgomery Rd might be a good location to meet. I’m pretty much open any weeknight.

Feel free to call or text me if you’d like. My cellphone number is (505)328-8594.

Bob

lcgraham
    Participant

My work schedule had me tied up Saturday afternoon thru Tuesday morning, so I’m generally free Wednesday thru Friday.  I’m familiar with the area you are thinking of, I-25 and Jefferson, several restaurant, pubs  and a movie theatre.  I suggest Red Robins.  I’ve eaten there on several occasions during the lunch hour, I can tolerate the food fairly well, but can get a little busy during the noon hour, don’t know about the evenings.  Let me look at my schedule and see if we can set something up for next week.  I’ll text you. (505) 503-3207

Shoeless
    Participant

Welcome! I’m from Iowa which is really far from NM. Wish I was closer.

lcgraham
    Participant

You should consider moving here.  Blistering hot in the summer, freezing cold in the winter.  Today, beginning of the winter season, it was 60 deg F in the middle of the city  … but then it will drop to the mid to upper teens later on tonight.  Ahhh, life in the high desert.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.