No products in the cart.

Guardians of the Republic Forums Start Here Troubleshooting Membership Number? Card?

This topic contains 27 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  BIGDEE 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

BIGDEE
    Participant

I joined two months ago as a lifetime member,  and I’ve messaged several times asking where to find my membership number and do they issue a card at all?

I’ve searched all over my profile and my billing receipts emailed to me but I can’t find it anywhere.

Can anyone else help me with this?

Thanks

Leo
    Participant

I also joined as a Life Member a few months ago and have not received anything. Not seeing the “Military Precission” or “Orgainsiational Competence” aspect of Oathkeepers yet. May have to rethink my decision to join.

BIGDEE
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Leo,

Ive been watching the OathKeepers for several years now and I do have tremendous respect for the cause and our country, let’s just hope that this is a temporary inconvenience due to the changeover to the new website. Although frustrating I do hope that you don’t consider leaving just yet, our brotherhood needs good members.

Thank you for your service in the Air Force Leo, I wish I could take you to lunch and shake your hand.

🇺🇸

Warscent_D1G
    Participant

Sounds discouraging. I was expecting some form consolidation with local communities on the new site.

This should be paramount.

BIGDEE
    Participant

Warscent,

let me start by saying thank you for your service in the Navy!

Things with this new website can be discouraging and I know that they are trying to work the bugs out, most are all volunteers. Despite this I know that the greater cause we are uniting under outweighs the website inconveniences.

Have you reached out to the Louisiana state chapter to get connected on a local level yet?

Thanks

Christian Robotti
    Participant

I’m an older member that had to reapply because my membership wasn’t found in the records. Must have had something to do with the new system. No big deal but my question is the same as the others stated above. Wondering when I will receive my packet as I did in the past. Reached out to my Chapter (Florida) and Scott told me it had to do with the overhaul. Any idea on when I, or st this point, we will receive our packet?

cheers

SonOfLiberty
    Participant

BIGDEE, how do I get in touch with my chapter in AR. ??? Is their a state forum? if so how do I locate it. So far I have e mailed the address provided when clicking on my state.No response at all.Whats the deal.?

BIGDEE
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hello son of liberty,</p>
    I would assume the state email link that you clicked was ar@oathkeepers.org

Perhaps you can try info@oathkeepers.org

As for a state forum there has been some snags with the new website…

There is a lot going on and I’m sure things may get rolling for the website soon. Unfortunately we are still a relatively small group with very few on payroll and the rest volunteers.

Christian Robotti
    Participant

Still waiting for some kind of reply. Silence is not a good look here. Been close to 4 month now. That’s ridiculous. My next step is to ask for my money back.

chris4
    Participant

I have privately been working on solutions to the website problems.

I have found some things that can be fixed. These are pretty serious problems, but probably made due to decisions that really were good ones in the past, but are no longer valid. It happens. Cloudflare was previously a great cloud hosting company, but with offering so many free or really cheap plans, they have been overwhelmed. Plus, Cloudflare is a Global hosting provider, which isn’t right for a US only organization.

I see using WordPress for the site as a bad idea. What do all of you think?

It spits out truly huge amounts of crap to render a page. The home page works out to about 19MB, which is just huge and silly. Cloudflare makes the problem even worse. Using Google’s speedtester (which mimics a phone), I got around 35s to load the home page and around 20s to load one of the news stories links.

I don’t think that Oath Keepers should be using cloud hosting at all. I grabbed what is called a bare metal server to experiment on. Cloud hosting means that everything is spread out over many servers. Possibly some real security issues, but you would never be able to know. A private rented server is a server box that ONLY we use, but is housed in a server farm. As long as we keep it secure from the internet side of things, we shouldn’t have any problems, unless the staff does something, which is very unlikely. Sorry if all the jargon doesn’t make sense to anyone. Just think that we are using a shared dorm right now versus a private room.

I’ve been on the first conference call about the Border operation. Stewart Rhodes has been extremely busy flying between states, doing the interview and getting all of the operations going. Hey, he’s just one person taking on a ton of work. Disaster relief, followed by the Border problems, etc.

We’ve both been trying to get a chance to speak in depth about fixing all of this, but we have both been really busy.

As far as the packets getting sent out, there was someone doing that, but he contacted me quite a while back when mine was sent back in order to get a different address. I am not sure where any of that stands.

A far as any current staff/volunteer problems, I have experience to address that. I ran my own business in construction, with clients and employees. I am the IT staff alone.

It is really hard to get things with a team running smoothly. Even the greatest group of people may not be able to get things running smoothly on their own. It takes a certain set of personality traits to organize and motivate a group. Truthfully, very few people can do this. Paid staff may be uncertain who should be doing what or what decisions should be made. Volunteers are just that, people who have chosen to help out of a sense of duty, but without any financial compensation. That really even more needs to be rewarded with a sense of appreciation for their work or they will get bummed out and work poorly or quit volunteering.

I would really find it useful to know what all of you like and don’t like about this current setup, both the forums, the main website and the advertising/payment being for outside companies. All three of those things can be changed to running separate software, so any preferences can help make good decisions.

Please, please, don’t talk about how dreadfully slow everything is. That fact is well known and will be fixed.

Please post any replies here. Feel free to private message me or use my email

chris@bennettconstruction.us

Would anyone directly involved in the website, articles etc. please contact me.

This forum is a mess. Stop waiting for the proper boards for state chapters to go up. Someone just start making threads for each state. No one has been using the Social Groups spot, so that seems like a good spot to make a SINGLE thread for each individual state. All of this is going to get fixed. I am a stubborn SOB, about half Irish and half German. I don’t back down.

Dawn
    Participant

Hi Chris, just fired off an e-mail to you.

Christian Robotti
    Participant

Hi Dawn,

i haven’t received the email yet. Did you send it to my iCloud account?

chris4
    Participant

Thanks, Dawn  I just saw it  I will email you back tomorrow with some more info. Beat tired right now. I went to get my dad out of the hospital  but I had to spend last night there so he could stay one more night,  which was good.

Alright everybody Dawn has offered to try to step up and help on the original topic of this thread.

This makes two people committing to help  including me.

How about adding yourself to the list and helping to form a group of contributers beyond just being members. Groups get things done more than just talking about it.

Please step up.

chris4
    Participant

OK, only just checked Social Groups, no board there.

Christian Robotti
    Participant

I just want my membership packet and for someone to acknowledge to me what is going on. Once this happens I’ll think about volunteering my help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.