No products in the cart.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jim Merrill 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Jonathan Roberts
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>We ain’t all liberal in New York.  But we free thinking people are definitely in the minority here. I joined the Oath Keepers because I am retired military. I took the same oath as all of you did. Up here in NY I feel like a small island surrounded by a gigantic ocean of liberals and crazies who do not respect our Constitution or our great country. I am looking forward to meeting other Oath keepers. Hopefully some who are close around in New York.  I have noticed that most events and places where there are Oath Keepers helping others are usually very far from me. I will try to travel to some events, and if I cant make it I will support by financial contributions.</p>

T Bates
    Participant

Welcome! Retired .mil here also. Thanks for your service!

Jonathan Roberts
    Participant

Mr. Bates, thank you for acknowledging my service. Thank you for your service also. What part of the country do you hang your hat in. I live in Canandaigua NY, a little bit south of Rochester.

Cyclone34
    Participant

Originally from Central Square, think that 60 or 70 miles from you.  In Maine now, but I still have camp on the big lake in Scriba.  Glad I don’t still live down there though, you are right that state is bats**t crazy, even upstate.  Maine is better once you get north of Augusta, though every year the liberal crazy bug seems to be creeping slowly north.  I think sometimes I should have stayed in Texas when I left the army, but even they seem to be turning blue.

Miss my Hofmann Snappy Grillers though…

Omerta
    Participant

Welcome

Jonathan Roberts
    Participant

I was stationed in Kittery, Maine for a while in the late eighties. Loved it there. I would consider living there again but I’m really tired of six months of winter. Thing about retiring to N. Carolina. I know, ya can’t get there from here. Lol

Jim Merrill
    Participant

Glad to meet you and welcome!

Jim

Jonathan Roberts
    Participant

Thank you Jim. Nice to meet you as well. I’ve been reading some of the open forums. Some discuss communications, security and weapons training, community assistance efforts and so on. I have military training, weapons training from the military and from what I train myself on. No formal or certified training. I am proficient at survival skills and basic first aid. I guess my point is that I have some valuable skills,  and I want to fit into the Oath Keepers but I don’t know enough about where and how to fit in yet. I don’t know enough about the organization and how organized you all are. Are there scheduled meetings for all the states or regions. If the members in a state like New York where I live get together on a regular basis. I’m sure I’ll get more info eventually but right now I feel joined but really lacking knowledge.

Jim Merrill
    Participant

Jonathan, I think this site is more for the open acknowledge to uphold the Oath and demonstration of a commitment monetarily.  There are ways to find more like minded people in your area, but that is where the rub is in my opinion.  Groups like that exist on deep trust and knowing someone for a long time in person.  That can only be sought, rumor of and approached from a consensus of the established, or you do the same seeking others to start one.  In any case, I would be very very careful and not too quick to toss you hat in someones ring.  However, in reading the few postings I have from you, you sound like you know this stuff anyway.

My take on the function of this organisation is this, and I may be wrong, again my opinion:

• OK was started to remind us all that an unlawful order is unlawful, no matter where or who issues it
    • There have been and will continue to be those who will issues these orders
    • OK need funding to support its relief efforts (border, flooding, etc., they need warm bodies)
    • Yes, functions are encouraged but we should not depend on them to organised large groups outside of relief efforts
    • We will operate better (for now) in a disparate and decentralized manner, thinking locally

Others may differ, but this the way I see it and my expectations of this site, organisation, and forums.  However, we should stay in contact here but watch what we say.

I hope that helps you my brother and by all means, contact me any time!

Jim

Jonathan Roberts
    Participant

Jim, I sincerely thank you for your reply. I agree that if you don’t know someone very well that you cannot know what’s in their hearts and minds. Evil or good. I am used to having true friends while in the military, folks that you knew had your back. I do suspect that you are a person that I would like to meet and someone that we could both develop trust between. If it’s alright with you, I would like you to be my go to person when I have a question. I really want to be as involved in OK as I can. Again, thank you for your reply. Without the republic, we are nothing. Without freedom, we are less than nothing.

Jim Merrill
    Participant

Jonathan, I am that kind of person and I know exactly what you mean when talking about the friends and the trust level of your brothers in arms.  Just because this forum is not the same as what we once had in the militarily, doesn’t mean it can’t be it’s own warm place with like-minded people.

I am not working in any official capacity with Oath Keepers, though I am proposing a few things with HAM radio and in the middle of writing that up now.  I want to help where and when I can.   I, like you, truly believe in the Oath and though I may not have the time to patrol the boarder or help with flooding victims, I still want to contribute.  I’ll pay my membership, buy shirts, etc; perhaps run a HAM network for the organisation.  I will also do what I can to prepare and be vigilant locally.

I look forward to meeting you some day and I would be humbled for you to think of me a go-to-person.

HOOWAH!

Jim

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.