No products in the cart.

Guardians of the Republic Forums Education & Outreach Current Affairs FBI arrests member of rightwing militia accused of detaining migrants

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Pappy 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Leonard (TX)
    Participant

Not sure who this guy is associated with.  I guess New Mexico and the ACLU prefer to enforce laws against Americans rather than illegals/invaders

You have to wonder if Article IV, Section 4 would be a legitimate defense.

“The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/apr/20/fbi-arrests-member-of-rightwing-militia-accused-of-detaining-migrants

Pappy
    Participant

He was with United Constitutional Patriots and he was a felon!

Leonard (TX)
    Participant

Still sad that the government won’t do it’s job yet a felon will…for free.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/46244/fbi-arrests-head-militia-group-assisting-emily-zanotti

Pappy
    Participant

Well I agree of the failure of our government not protecting our southern border and really the American people but I fully agree with the action of arresting a felon on the grounds of being in possession of firearms and or ammunition unfortunately mistakes of the past can set a president for the future. There are clearly other forms of self defense that could have been used by him that would not have jeopardized the mission of protecting the border I am sure he knew the risk he was taking by his actions unfortunately he will now have another felony charge against him. This also will shines a very dark light on the rest of the Patriots who are trying to fill the gap and help border Patrol agents from what I have read since this has happened they are now trying to push the rest of the Patriots from continuing that mission it only takes one to ruin it for the rest.

Jim Merrill
    Participant

Well said Pappy.  We all must also let this sink in on a couple of fronts.  One, when representing Oath Keepers (have a shirt on officially or not, etc.) we must conduct ourselves in a manner to bring credibility to the organisation.  Two, know who in the hell you run with and share intel with.  Anyone can join, acceptance into the inner can include things like a BG check and reasonable vetting.  Things I think we all know and do; it’s the one time you let your guard down…

Pappy
    Participant

Jim I absolutely agree and proper vetting must be first and foremost for survival of the organization which the Oath Keepers do when any volunteering at the border as well as for security detail and disaster response etc. Not sure if you have been involved with any of that but they do it before you can join that mission.

BJ McRorie
    Participant

Know the company you keep! I support the border cause and think most of their members  have good intentions. Jim the groups spokesman does a good job getting their message out. But with that said there seems to be some sketchy things out there about their Commander. I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but doing something that could jeopardize a mission is bad judgement. We have to be extra vigilant when so many are against what we stand for and want to see us fail. Hopefully he will prevail against the current charges.

Pappy
    Participant

The leader of an armed militia that scours the southern border for undocumented migrants had once claimed that his group was training to assassinate former president Barack Obama, former secretary of state Hillary Clinton and billionaire Democratic donor George Soros, the FBI said.

Pappy
    Participant

In 2006, he was arrested in Oregon on charges of impersonating a police officer and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

The report states that Hopkins was seen at a gas station in Keno, Ore., near the California border, showing firearms to a group of children and telling them that he was a police officer.

A Klamath County sheriff’s deputy wrote in the incident report that he had “observed that Larry Hopkins was wearing a black uniform style shirt and black pants. Hopkins had a badge similar in appearance to a police officer badge pinned above his left breast in the area a police officer would wear a badge. Hopkins had a gold star on each of his collars which is often a sign of rank. Hopkins had several military or law enforcement style pins all over his shirt in a uniform appearance.”

Al Ung
    Participant

Border Militia a Reaction to Government Betrayal by David Codrea:

Border Militia a Reaction to Government Betrayal

Al Ung
    Participant

Here’s the link to the article, still learning this new format.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/border-militia-a-reaction-to-government-betrayal/#axzz5m27jEmtI

Pappy
    Participant

@Al Ung no worries, your original post had the link embed in it once clicked on it would take you to Ammolands article

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.