No products in the cart.

Guardians of the Republic Forums Education & Outreach Outreach, Ideas and Experience BDU type uniform to show people who we are and what we represent!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Doc 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

EARL WEBB
    Participant

A Uniform For Oathkeepers Members!

I am a disabled Marine Corp Veteran and a retired State of Mississippi law enforcement officer and also served as a deputy Federal Warden with the United States Wildlife Services when I was employed!  I am also an ordained minister and belonged to a motorcycle ministry called the Tribe of Judah Motorcycle Ministry and rode and ministered to outlaw 1%er motorcycle clubs like the Hells Angels, Bandito’s, etc.  The point I am making is that all of these different boots that I have worn in my 57 years had one thing in common, a uniform of some type so people could recognize your group!  I personally think that Oathkeepers should have some type of bdu style uniforms such as solid black bdu or khaki or some other camo color different from any other military unit! I have been trying to recruit people for a North Alabama unit because we need a unit here very bad, but everyone wants to know what kind of uniform we wear and what we stand for!  When I tell them we do not wear a uniform, they automatically tune us out as an unorganized group. I have worn some type of uniform since I was 20 years old when I went into the Marine Corp at Paris Island, South Carolina for recruit training to earn the title Marine! People look up to and respect a person wearing a uniform and the uniform alone gets peoples attention and THEY start asking questions about your organization! Without an organization uniform, we are just a group of individuals and people do not take us seriously! Take a look at this forum and ask yourselves why we do not have more members! There are thousands of people out there that would be members if we had an organized, organization with a respected uniform that showed who we were and what we stand for! Many of those would be members do not have computers and do not know who we are! I did not know and had never heard of Oathkeepers until I was surfing the net looking for some type of organization that was proud of our country and it’s constitution and would still honor the oath that we all took, to protect and defend the Constitution and the Republic of the United States until we die!

I hope and pray that this Spartan and Sentinel program works and I am willing to do all I can to help train others with the knowledge that I have gained in all my years of wearing a uniform serving others! I think we should definitely adopt a bdu uniform before we start trying to recruit and train members and none members! A uniform is another way to weed out people that do not truly stand for what we believe in! Can any of you picture an Antifa member wearing an Oathkeeper uniform marked with our logo or putting an NRA sticker on their vehicle?

If anyone feels the same way, speak up! Now is the time!

Leo
    Participant

I’m with you Brother. One concern is to give this one a lot of consideration. Oathkeepers is under the liberal magnifying glass. One of the things that convinced me to join was when I “Googled” Oathkeepers the first link displayed was for the SPLC where they deemed OK a terrioust group so I said sign me up! Since OK is going to be criticized anyway need to make sure any effort to designate the org avoids a “Brown Shirt” type label. Regardless of what OK does THEY will always try to denegrate the organization but we don’t want to spoon feed the opposition. Tread softly but Carry a big stick!

EARL WEBB
    Participant

The only thing wrong with that Brother is one day, we will have to use that stick! We should not be afraid to stand proud and show that we ARE an organized group to reckon with if WE do have to physically fight with the rifle in hand, just as our forefathers once did to Bring Forth This Nation!  To crouch and hide from those that do not share our American values and beliefs in the Constitution and The Free Republic of The United States of Americas, is compared to a bunch of hooded night riders that were just cowards hiding behind bed sheets! I am not afraid of the special interest groups, politicians and definitely not afraid of the liberal, immoral garbage that is trying to take over this country! To stand with your mouth shut and say nothing is just as bad as complaining about the government when you don’t vote! That is the problem today, too many men have kept their mouths shut too long and things have gotten way out of control in this country! We have let the government be that big bad monster that we crouch and tremble in fear of when we hear a new Federal law or regulation we don’t agree with passes! It is just like everybody was scared to death to even speak anything bad about Osama bin obama or killary clinbton when their regime was in office! Everybody was afraid the crooked fbi or atf or cia would kick in their door and kill them in their bedclothes! I am a Southern Born, Republican, Marine Corp Veteran, retired law enforcement officer, NRA member, Christian and proud 100% true red white and blue, GOD fearing, American and Constitution Protector and I am not afraid of anybody knowing it! I wear a bumper sticker proudly on my vehicles and proudly fly a USA Flag and a Marine Corp Flag on my front porch! I would fly a Confederate flag right beside them, but osama bin obama is not in the spot as president again, and I did say spot because he was never a president of MY United States! He was a domestic enemy of our Constitution and our United States!, plus, I am not a racist and sadly the Confederate flag has become the center of all racism  in this country when it was only a badge of Heritage to a bunch of people that fought government tyranny and government overreaching and for their States Rights! Let me be the first to say, that I do not believe in slavery and that was what caused the downfall of the South, not the war!  The southern politicians were just too set in their ways to recognize that machinery might have cost more, but would have increased production and profits more than any human you had to feed, house, stand guard over and make work!

If we men, true Oathkeepers in the United States do not stand together and truly be willing to fight a political and a PHYSICAL battle for our GReat Constitution and our Great Republic, WE WILL be fighting  another Civil War in this country and this time it will be for our survival from being executed for our beliefs, just like the Jews were under Hitler!

I didn’t mean to sound like I was going off on you brother! I just love this country and hate what the crooked politicians and the immoral liberals have and are doing to this country! I have baby grandchildren that have to grow up here and I want it to be a place of Freedom for them like it has been for me!

Leo
    Participant

Well I truly hope you are wrong with that one. There may come a day we do HAVE to pick up that stick but I would prefer my kids and grandkids don’t have to see that if it can be avoided. NP with the “going off”thing. I too am a Eagle Scout, Lifetime NRA Member and Instructor, Father and Grandfather and I too am passionate about America and my distinct honor to have been born in the Greatest Country in the world. I say throw all the politicians out of office and start over. Time to replenish the Tree of Freedom. Get out and VOTE.

TGDOCA11
    Participant

I have given Official Uniforms a good long thought. Orgs like this one, which is front-facing and has a public 503c registration should by common sense alone have no issue with uniforms. There are many orgs that work alongside LEO that do have uniforms. On the threat vector side of things, uniforms make for easier identification in the eyes of the opposition. Therefore, I propose two different uniforms. One that is forward facing in the public view and the other specifically used when it is called for.  When things kick off, the best type defense is the one no one saw coming.

MadDuner
    Participant

I just hope the enemy continues to dress all in black and wear their masks….. It makes friend or foe identification much easier.

EARL WEBB
    Participant

I agree somewhat with that! Working incognito is a good way to blend in and gather information but on the downside, it does not let the good guys distinguish us from the bad guys unless they are wearing some sort of identifying clothing such as a type of colored shirt, mask or the Antifa? all black with masks to hide their faces! I have worked both undercover and uninformed, and I can assure you that law enforcement will not hesitate one little bit to pepper spray, shoot you with rubber bullets, stun grenades and use physical means to put you down with tasers or physical force if they do not recognize you as one of the good guys! I have personally put law enforcement officers on the ground and handcuffed them in certain situations because they were not identified until a day or two later after they spent a day or two in jail!  Since this organization are not acting, commissioned law enforcement officers with arrest powers, and should not be working undercover unless, under very limited circumstances where they are working with a State or federal agency or a State agency, I think we should be wearing a uniform to identify our organization as good guys by law enforcement! Reserve officers are required to wear a uniform and as a retired law enforcement officer, I think it would be to our best interest to wear some type of identifying uniform instead of everyone being an individual! Individualism most times equal a sloppy and unorganized unit that do not accomplish very much as an organized, disciplined unit where everybody looks the same!  guess that is the Marine and law enforcement officer in me, but if we are not wearing uniforms because of being afraid to be identified by the bad guys, then I know I am in the wrong group and I hope others feel the same way! Like the old saying goes, If you are afraid to stand up for what is right, then you will fall for anything!

chris4
    Participant

I also agreement that multiple uniforms are an excellent idea.
    But I did not serve and have no experience or training that would come with serving.
    I see myself needing to serve in other capacities. So far I have not gotten much of a response about doing what is needed to actually do education, both online and sadly, it now looks like some major efforts of physically written and spoken in person is needed. Hmm, sounds an awful lot like the 1700’s when that was indeed the way first diplomacy with the British Government, which failed and finally resulted in the Declaration of Independence.
    As an Associate Member, I want a uniform for me that clearly states Oath Keepers on the front and back with bold words of EDUCATION also on both sides. I think that each section of us when doing different actions, that each member is carrying out at the time should have it’s own color and description, when appropriately safe. A generic uniform that everyone can wear should also be available.

One question. When I have the money, I want to buy body armor. What clothing is appropriate with that?

EARL WEBB
    Participant

I agree with you very much! We can wear the same uniform, just have different rockers on our shoulders that say security, education, communications, engineers, etc, just like the military does. Our uniform should be totally different from any other military or police uniform in the United States if possible but in some type of camo or khaki BDU. I do think that every member should carry a handgun either concealed or open carry, whatever the state you are in allows. The local law enforcement offices should also be notified by a member of the unit and shown the uniform and let them know we support them if they are PRO-CONSTITUTION! My local Police are sort of borderline on the subject of citizens carrying firearms. The older men are for it but the younger millennium group cannot really be trusted to really uphold their oath! The police chief and the sheriff are both democrats and that is enough of a description to know where they stand! The Sheriff department charges $50.00 for a paper 5-year pistol permit and $100.00 for the one that looks like our driver’s license with a picture on it! Our driver’s license only costs $25.00, so the Sheriff department is making $75.00 off of citizens that want the waterproof picture version that looks like our driver’s license! There are a lot of people throwing a fit about the high cost of the pictured license when every other county only charged $50.00 for the same license! I live in Hazel Green, Alabama, in Madison County, Alabama. We are a smaller community about 10 miles from Huntsville, Alabama. Home of the NASA Space and Rocket Center! They used to be a sac base and made missiles when I was younger and they discontinued the missile program after the cold war, but have recently started making plans t start back up making missles! We are definitely in a portion of the State of Alabama that is a big pot of different cultures and races! We are also one of the strategic spots that can be expected to be hit if we ever go to a push button war! I am making plans to sell my place here and move out of the looting range of gangs and would be marauders if an SHTF does occur! I am thinking of even going on across the line into very rural and hilly Tennessee to get away from people!
    That is why I feel so strongly about this organization adopting a uniform and moving toward a more physical agenda, similar to our own version of Homeland Security, with central places for members and their families to go if there is an SHTF situation where members and adult family members can help protect each other as an organized unit!
    I don’t know how you feel about this unit but I am beginning to wonder just how many members there are actually in the Organization and if the organization is really an organization that would actually take up arms and fights against a tyrannical government or fight would be traitors that try and overthrow our Constitutional government! It also worries me that there are hardly any posts on the forum and there does not seem to be ANY type of recruitment for members that I know of! I have tried to get other veterans and police and fire and EMT professionals to join and give them the website to read and see what oath keepers are all about and the first thing they ask is how many people are in my unit, How many members does oath keepers have, what does our uniform look like, and are we an organized trained unit with a plan for a SHTF situation! The people that I talk to are doers and not talkers and they will not join just any organization unless they know that there will be physical actions to back up the talk the organization puts out! As the song goes, a little less talk and more action are what they want! I hope that we DO become a little more of a Patriot-minutemen militia and prepper mindset and start organizing before it is too late prepare!

As per bulletproof body armor,m look at my website at http://www.webbsgunsmithingandtacticalsales, com. Let me know that you are an oath keeper member and I will cut you a big price on anything on my website.

Doc
    Participant

It is my understanding that the OK “Uniform” is as follows, as stated to me directly from Scott Dunn, BOD and Florida POC:  “Standard load out for ops is tactical pants, no camouflage. Oath Keepers cover. ”

Doc

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.