No products in the cart.

Guardians of the Republic Forums Community Forums Forum Admin Organization and Urgency Reply To: Organization and Urgency

Dan Griffiths
Keymaster

We have attempted this, but until you showed up (without giving us your name so we know who we are talking to…) no one from the top has come to talk with us.  Most of our questions, at least for us newbies has required response from above….  Once we know what is going on, we can help grow things.

Hey Doc! I’ll happily give my name! I’m Dan, and I’m the National IT Director, and the Nebraska State Security Director. I’ll be the first to admit that the last few months have been really rough on everyone. As our Membership Coordinator indicated, we had some major issues last year with having to let some people in the National hierarchy go (including both the former IT Director and Membership Coordinator), and we’ve been in a sort of time crunch ever since trying to catch up and dig out from the mess they left us with.

I emailed you last night and havent recieved any response. I realize it’s the weekend but this is a pattern with this community, weekend or weekday.

Patience is a virtue! When our new Membership Coordinator took over we discovered that his predecessor had left us several months behind with incomplete records. It’s been an incredibly painful process, but between several of us in national leadership we’ve managed to sort out around 90% of it and are almost completely caught up. As was said earlier, if you (or anyone else) is missing their membership packet (and didn’t sign up within the last two months), send an email to ne@oathkeepers.org to make sure we have accurate and up to date information for you. A ton of the users who joined last year only have partial or inaccurate information on file.

I have read everything on this site, trying to figure out what is going on because nobody will answer any questions.

Sorry about that! I can definitely understand how frustrating that could be! If you have specific questions and aren’t getting answers, please feel free to contact me and I’ll do my best to either answer them or direct you to the right people to get answer. My email is dgriffiths@oathkeepers.org.

If this is just an auxiliary of men at the ready to respond to natural disasters, fine, just say that, I dont know how it restores the constitution, but at least we have something to go on.

That’s definitely part of it, but far from all of it! We do try to encourage our members to be ready to provide support during natural (or man-made) disasters, for sure. If you have any relevant training, try to help other in your area learn. If you don’t have relevant training, figure out where you fit (or want to fit) in an emergency situation and we’ll try to help you get the information/resources necessary to learn the skills you’ll need to make yourself useful.

On the other hand, there’s a lot more to what we’re doing than just being helpful during emergencies. A huge part of what we do is in outreach and community awareness. You’d be surprised how many of your friends and neighbors don’t know anything about the country that they live in, our values, or our way of life. A little bit of knowledge goes a long way!

Oathkeepers is not a militia.

Truth! We most certainly aren’t a militia, at least not in the commonly used sense. Although, it’s worth noting that the definition of “militia” isn’t remotely what it was originally intended to be.