No products in the cart.

Guardians of the Republic Forums Education & Outreach Outreach, Ideas and Experience Teaching those who are not members to provide what was never taught. Reply To: Teaching those who are not members to provide what was never taught.

Matt McD~

Jim K,

Agreed, many people suffer from cognitive dissonance (Conflicting Thoughts) and what I call, ‘Willful Ignorance’, i.e. With knowledge comes responsibility, so I don’t want to know. Their opinions are based in feelings not reason or logic. Feelings are easy; logic and reasonable thought require work! As a result people who feel truths are not able to hold an in depth civil conversation on a hot button topics. When presented with a reasonable and logical counter argument they resort to defensive feelings. In a way, I believe this culture war is, in many ways, between people who use applied logic/reason and those who use applied feelings. It takes a secure person with an active inquisitive mind to work through an end to end, possibly multi-threaded, process to find truth based on logic and reasonable thought. This process can be dangerous to ones perceptions, feelings and motives. Finding a truth can be time consuming, painful, and may involve admitting that one may have been wrong. It’s easy to feel good, it’s hard to do good!