Happy New Year! – Oath Keepers Year in Review
From all of us at Oath Keepers, we wish you and yours a Happy New Year!
Thank you so very much for all your hard work and support in 2018!
We look forward to working with you in 2019 as we continue our mission to support and defend the Constitution and to restore our Republic from the bottom up, across the nation!
See below for a summary of all the great things we accomplished in 2018.
Photo above: Oath Keeper Ron Trout and volunteers helping families, who were left homeless by the Camp Fire, by building yurts as emergency shelters for them.
SUMMARY OF OATH KEEPERS WORK IN 2018
- Directly standing guard outside schools after the Parkland, Florida school shooting, and reaching out to help educate communities on how to effectively improve school security agains the threat of deadly shooters, using Israel as a long-standing model of success.
- Publishing our police professionals’ recommendations for improved school security (including training teachers and staff to carry concealed), written by our most experienced police veterans.
- Held an online webinar on school security, paneled by those police professions, to educate the public on how to make schools safer while respecting and using the right to keep and bear arms.
- Held community symposiums on how to improve school security.
- All through 2018, Oath Keepers actively advocated for allowing school staff, including teachers, to carry firearms, with adequate training, as the most direct, common sense response to the threat of school shootings. We helped to keep that common-sense, constitutional answer in the public eye, to provide a pro-liberty, pro-gun, and effective answer, as an alternative to the false choice being presented by the anti-gun left (that we must further curtail gun rights, or even totally disarm, or suffer more children and staff killed, which we know will only lead to more deaths in disarmed victim zones). An armed and trained staff, including teachers, is the best answer, as the Parkland Shooting Commission itself just determined.
- Spreading the message of constitutional fidelity and the obligation of all who took the oath to defend the Constitution to take that oath seriously. Oath Keepers in every state reached out to current serving law enforcement, military, and public servants about their oath obligations, and helped to further constitutional education and understanding.
- Conducting joint training, coordination, and outreach with local law enforcement and first responder agencies in preparation for large scale emergencies, both man-made and natural. As part of our Community Preparedness Team (CPT) initiative, Oath Keepers across the nation teamed up with local law enforcement, fire, search and rescue, EMS, etc. at the town and county level to train and prepare for natural disaster response, anti-terrorism response, and other catastrophic, mass casualty events. This, of course, led to partisan politics-driven leftist outrage in some communities, such as in Berkeley, CA, where we participated in Urban Shield, but we don’t let that stop us (what the partisan left was screeching about there was only the tip of the iceberg of what we did in local communities across the nation where we work very closely with local law enforcement, Fire, EMS and SAR).
- Hurricane relief. Oath Keepers directly responded to help with disaster relief after the hurricanes this year in North Carolina and Florida (just as we responded to three major hurricanes in 2017, in Texas, Florida, and Puerto Rico). We helped with medical checks, wellness checks, delivery of tens of thousands of meals to hard-hit communities (thanks again to American Survival Wholesale for the donated food we delivered), provided security escorts for search and rescue and medical personnel, helped clear roads, and we also directly provided community security against looters upon request (see details below).
- In NC, we assisted in the Snead’s Ferry area, and the community of Cross Creek directly requested our help with armed anti-looter patrols and also requested our assistance in training and organizing an armed neighborhood watch by the local residents.
- In Florida, after Hurricane Michael, we conducted direct medical and wellness checks in devastated areas, such as Panama City and Mexico Beach; delivered 20,000 meals to hard hit areas, such as Port St. Joe and Panama City; provided security escorts to search and rescue and medical personnel; helped clear roads, tarp roofs, and deliver food, water, and medical supplies (we would like to give a special thank you to the Port St. Joe community relief center and to Pastor Eddie of the Springfield Church in the Panama City area, for their help in getting donated food to the community).
- Oath Keepers provided direct anti-looter armed security for the towns of Malone, FL and Bascom, FL in the aftermath of Hurricane Michael, which knocked out power in much of rural NW Florida. We did so after receiving direct requests for that assistance from the mayors of those towns (NOTE: We do not attempt any armed security operations for communities at large unless we are directly asked to do so by community leaders). In Bascom, Florida, that request came after both the Mayor’s office and the volunteer fire department had been looted. We effectively secured both towns against looters without incident, as well as helping clear roads, deliver food and water, etc. (NOTE: All of our natural disaster/security operations help to show the need for community preparedness and direct involvement by the citizens, and help further the eventual restoration of the local and state militia system in the United States, as the ultimate, constitutional answer to the need for homeland security and disaster relief. It must be the people themselves, properly trained and organized, who provide their own local and state security and relief. And that ultimately takes a true, public militia, made up of all able bodied locals, which the Founders insisted was necessary to the security of a free state. All of our operations help to illustrate that necessity and help it come to pass. Our ultimate goal is a true restoration of the public militia system in the United States).
- Response to California fires. Our California chapter helped deliver food, water, clothing, and other essential supplies to communities impacted by the horrific fires in California. An Oath Keepers Chapter Coordinator in California has a portable mill and a business of building yurts. He is working with volunteers, future owners, and donations to build yurts to provide emergency shelter for some of those left homeless by the massive Camp Fire in the Paradise area.
- Standing up for free speech. Just as we did in 2017, when we directly protected dozens of free speech events against Antifa violence, such as in Berkeley, CA (twice), Portland, OR, and Boston, MA, in 2018 we consistently stood up for free speech by providing volunteer security at multiple public events across the nation. It is an unfortunate reality in modern America that a significant portion of the left now has zero respect for free speech and, in fact, openly advocates the use of threats, intimidation, and potentially deadly violence to chill, suppress, and silence the speech of anyone even perceived to be on the political right, anyone who is a Trump supporter, or anyone with a dissenting voice contrary to the leftists’ accepted views. It is critical that we, the police and military veterans of this nation, stand up and defend free speech. Oath Keepers will continue to step up and provide our competent, principled, well-trained, and effective volunteer security against such threats, whether directed at targeted events or individuals. It is a matter of duty.
- Launched Spartan Training Program, (go here to sign up!) to organize training groups in each state, open to both members and non-members alike, to further the training of the American people at the local and state level. In 2019 we will be working hard to make sure that active training groups are functioning in each state, with the long-term goal of training groups in each county, so we have a trained and organized pool of American patriot volunteers available in every community in time of need. This is a further progression of our CPT (Community Preparedness Team) Program.
- Launched Oath Keepers Sentinel Team Program (again, as part of our broader CPT program), to form up teams of vetted, trained, and well organized Oath Keepers members in each state who are fully capable of responding to natural disasters (such as hurricanes) and man-made incidents (such as riots and other civil-disturbances). In 2019 we will be actively forming, vetting, and training these teams.
- Border operations: In late 2018, Oath Keepers launched two critical border operations – one on the ground (Operation Linebacker) and one in the air (Operation Eagle Eyes), to provide much needed additional eyes and ears to spot and report for Customs and Border Protection (CBP). We will continue these operations into 2019, to provide both volunteer pilots in the air, and volunteer boots on the ground, to be force multiplier additional observers in support of our hard working but overwhelmed border patrol agents, as well as securing border ranches against the threat of cartel violence (we have already directly protected ranches, which prefer to not be publicly identified, and we will continue to do so upon request of the land owners). Your support is greatly needed to keep both of those operations going!
- The long term goal of all of our border operations it to support a true securing of our border which will require a full deployment of the United States military as well as a full deployment of a fully restored, revitalized PUBLIC militia system in the United States (made up of all able bodied Americans in each county and state, with official sanction, subject to command of the governor and the President of the United States when called into federal service); along with the construction of a true border wall/effective high steel fence (which must be adequately manned, patrolled, observed, and enforced). Watch these interviews for a breakdown of why all of this is so necessary.
- Organizing a phone, email, and social media campaign to urge President Trump to stand firm on the necessity of funding a border wall/fence, during his current fight with the Democrats over the government shutdown. So far, he has indeed stood firm. We need to continue urging him to do so! And we will. Stay tuned for what we do next, right out of the gate, in 2019.
So, if you haven’t already, please chip in to help Oath Keepers close out the books on 2018 and start strong in 2019. Buy a raffle ticket(s) here (until Midnight January 2, 2019) or make a year-end donation here.
Thank you for your support, Happy New Year, and God bless!
Founder and President of Oath Keepers
If you prefer to write a check, please send it to:
Oath Keepers, Attn: General Donation
5130 S. Fort Apache Rd. Ste. 215, Las Vegas, NV 89148
Contributions to Oath Keepers are not tax deductible.