Concealed Handgun Permits Hit New Records, Drawing in More Women, Minorities
July 21, 2017 by Jenn Jacques
According to the Crime Prevention Research Center (CPRC), the number of concealed handgun permit holders has soared to an impressive 16.3 million law-abiding citizens!
But has that turned America into the “Wild West” as liberals feared?
It’s also interesting that despite the media’s claim the NRA is “racist and sexist”, some of the biggest increases in permits have been with women and African-Americans.
Among the findings in the report, John R. Lott highlights the following points:
- There are now over 16.3 million permit holders, a record 1.83 million increase in permits since last July.
- Nationwide, 6.5% adults have a concealed handgun permit. Outside of California and New York, 8% of adults have a permit.
- Permits for women and blacks are increasing much faster than they are for men and whites.
- There are also significant differences in not only the number of permits issued but also who gets them when politicians have discretion in granting them.
- Los Angeles County provides a vivid example of how women and Hispanics are given few permits when politicians decided who can defend themselves.
- Concealed carry permit holders also continue to be stringently law-abiding.
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNBQ0qUyDMw”]
Read more at Bearing Arms: https://bearingarms.com/jenn-j/2017/07/21/concealed-handgun-permits-hit-new-records/
If you believe in the mission of Oath Keepers, to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, please consider making a donation to support our work. You can donate HERE.