Wisconsin Denies Request For Recount By Hand As Stein Threatens To Sue
Finally, a voice of reason emerges in Wisconsin to combat Jill Stein’s useless recount crusade. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Wisconsin Elections Commission Chairman, Mark Thomsen, who happens to be Democrat, announced earlier that the committee would follow through with Stein’s recount request but denied a request that the recount be conducted by hand. Thomsen cited a 2011 recount that changed the overall vote margin by 300 votes as evidence that the current recount would overturn Trump’s 22,177 vote lead in the state.
Citing the results of a 2011 statewide recount that changed only 300 votes, Elections Commission chairman Mark Thomsen, a Democrat, said this presidential recount is very unlikely to change Republican Donald Trump’s win in the state.
“It may not be 22,177,” said Thomsen, referring to Trump’s win over Democrat Hillary Clinton in the vote count. “But I don’t doubt that the president-elect is going to win that.”
Thomsen dismissed Stein’s claims of problems with the vote as unfounded and misleading. But he directed his toughest criticism to Trump’s unsupported allegations that millions of people voted illegally nationwide, calling them “an insult to the people that run our elections.”
Under the plan adopted Monday, the recount would begin Thursday and could cost $1 million. Of course, we assume that Stein didn’t factor in the incremental costs associated with suing states that call her out for her ridiculous recount efforts. As such, she may need to raise some more money just as the flow of funds seem to have slowed to a trickle…we suspect Hillary supporters have finally caught on to the scam.