Rutherford Institute: There Will Be No Second American Revolution… (aka “Resistance is Futile”)
There Will Be No Second American Revolution: The Futility of an Armed Revolt
Read whole article at Rutherford Institute site.
“A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty.”—James Madison
America is a ticking time bomb.
All that remains to be seen is who—or what—will set fire to the fuse.
We are poised at what seems to be the pinnacle of a manufactured breakdown, with police shooting unarmed citizens, snipers shooting police, global and domestic violence rising, and a political showdown between two presidential candidates equally matched in unpopularity.
The preparations for the Republican and Democratic national conventions taking place in Cleveland and Philadelphia—augmented by a $50 million federal security grant for each city—provide a foretaste of how the government plans to deal with any individual or group that steps out of line: they will be censored, silenced, spied on, caged, intimidated, interrogated, investigated, recorded, tracked, labeled, held at gunpoint, detained, restrained, arrested, tried and found guilty.
For instance, anticipating civil unrest and mass demonstrations in connection with the Republican Party convention, Cleveland officials set up makeshift prisons, extra courtrooms to handle protesters, and shut down a local university in order to house 1,700 riot police and their weapons. The city’s courts are preparing to process up to 1,000 people a day. Additionally, the FBI has also been conducting “interviews” with activists in advance of the conventions to discourage them from engaging in protests.
Make no mistake, the government is ready for a civil uprising.
Indeed, the government has been preparing for this moment for years.
A 2008 Army War College report revealed that “widespread civil violence inside the United States would force the defense establishment to reorient priorities in extremis to defend basic domestic order and human security.” The 44-page report goes on to warn that potential causes for such civil unrest could include another terrorist attack, “unforeseen economic collapse, loss of functioning political and legal order, purposeful domestic resistance or insurgency, pervasive public health emergencies, and catastrophic natural and human disasters.”
(snip snip snip)
Please read this extensively-resourced analysis in full at the Rutherford Institute’s website.
COMMENT BY STEWART RHODES:
What defeatist drivel. Like one of the commenters said below, I too think Whitehead has done some good work in the past, as a contitutionalist lawyer, but he is now out of his element and jumping the shark into Borg-like “resistance is futile” surrender-monkey territory. Frankly, I don’t think defeatist drivel like this belongs on our site and I have to wonder why Elias posted it, but I will allow it to remain up so we can make fun of it and point to it as an example of the hand-wringing defeatism that has taken hold of some people in the broader liberty movement.
Oddly enough, Whitehead goes on to say:
Of course, that’s the point.
The powers-that-be want us to feel vulnerable.
They want us to fear each other and trust the government’s hired gunmen to keep us safe from terrorists, extremists, jihadists, psychopaths, etc.
Most of all, the powers-that-be want us to feel powerless to protect ourselves and reliant on and grateful for the dubious protection provided by the American police state.
Their strategy is working.
The tree of liberty is dying.
Now that I agree with. That is the point, and that is the plan of the globalist elites pulling the strings of the military-industrial, domestic surveillance, total-information-awareness police state that is being erected over us. “They” want us to feel powerless and that resistance is futile, and that we could never win. Unfortunately, Whitehead himself falls for it. After pointing out the plans of the bad people to demoralize us and make us feel like our only choice is submission or destruction, Whitehead says:
There will be no second American Revolution.
There is no place in our nation for the kind of armed revolution our forefathers mounted against a tyrannical Great Britain. Such an act would be futile and tragic. We are no longer dealing with a distant, imperial king but with a tyrant of our own making: a militarized, technologized, heavily-financed bureaucratic machine that operates beyond the reach of the law.
The message being sent to the citizenry is clear: there will be no revolution, armed or otherwise.
Anyone who believes that they can wage—and win—an armed revolt against the American police state has not been paying attention. Those who wage violence against the government and their fellow citizens are playing right into the government’s hands. Violence cannot and will not be the answer to what ails America.
Whether instigated by the government or the citizenry, violence will only lead to more violence. It does not matter how much firepower you have. The government has more firepower.
It does not matter how long you think you can hold out by relying on survivalist skills, guerilla tactics and sheer grit. The government has the resources to outwait, out-starve, outman, outgun and generally overpower you.
This government of wolves will not be overtaken by force.
Bull. This government of wolves (or wheenie lawyers an bureaucrats who give orders to hired wolves) is scared shitless of all of us armed veterans, and especially the great mass of recent combat veterans from fifteen years of warfare in Afghanistan and Iraq. They are also afraid of all of the traditional American, country-boy gun owners who grew up running around barefoot, shooting and hunting in the Mountains, woods, and fields, that constitute the “American Warrior Class” (current serving military, veterans, and gun owners). ‘ The vast majority of the “trigger pullers” in the infantry come from the country, and the country boys who didn’t serve can still shoot and still grew up hunting, and have learned a thing or two from their fathers, brothers, cousins, uncles, who did serve. And many of the local police come from that same warrior class of military and gun owners. We are EVERYWHERE, we are armed, and we are not just in the regime’s rear and in its supply lines, we are inside the regime itself, inside the very military that regime desperately wants to use against us, but fears having it turn on them. And “they” can try to purge us out, but short of disbanding the U.S. Marine Corps and the Army infantry, they have no choice but to deal with the fact that their own infantry is US.
“They” have not yet successfully indoctrinated the majority of that American warrior class to be subservient slaves/unthinking enforcers, nor have they disarmed us, but because Marxists often believe their own bull, and project onto us their own cowardice and incompetence, they may well actually believe they could pull it off. This brings to my mind Matt Bracken’s excellent short story, “What I Saw at the Coup” (highly recommended reading!). That is how it would turn out for these Marxist “useful idiots” if they actually tried to use a manufactured crisis to implement martial law and use military force on the American people.
Which is why the globalist elites have to try to make things so bad, so catastrophic, that they will trick the majority of the police and military into going along with it, to keep “law and order” like we saw during Katrina, and trick the majority of veterans and gun owners into also going along with it in the name of national security and order.
And that is why we are now seeing the “perfect storm” of economic crisis, terrorism, domestic unrest, and now open agitation by far left, Marxist, and racist cop killers to create a race war, and divide and conquer the American people along racial lines, class lines, and to pit the people v. the police, and especially to pit the veterans against the police (they want to trick those of us in the American warrior class into killing each other, so there are fewer of us to fight back against the elites. I have been warning for three years now that this Fourth Generation warfare “perfect storm” assault on the Republic is coming. Others, such as Matt Bracken, have also been warning that it is coming, noting the unholy alliance between the radical left and the radical jihadists, both of whom hate Western Civilization.
But behind the scenes, it is the global elites and international banking class that is pulling the strings of the Marxists and the Jihadists, and fund their efforts.
What remains for us to decide is how we counter it. After telling you any armed conflict against the oath-breaking oppressors would be futile, Whitehead closes his piece with some vague advice:
If there is to be any hope of reclaiming our government and restoring our freedoms, it will require a different kind of coup: nonviolent, strategic and grassroots, starting locally and trickling upwards. Such revolutions are slow and painstaking. They are political, in part, but not through any established parties or politicians.
Most of all, as I make clear in my book Battlefield America: The War on the American People, for any chance of success, such a revolution will require more than a change of politics: it will require a change of heart among the American people, a reawakening of the American spirit, and a citizenry that cares more about their freedoms than their fantasy games.
I guess you are supposed to read his book to find out more. I do agree that we need to focus on local and working from the ground up, and that it can’t just be political, but what he is missing, or dancing around, is the need to revitalize the militia of the several states. You want to reawaken the American spirit, and cause a change of heart, revitalize the militia, and you will cause that change, but also you will strengthen the military capacity of the American people, and restore that institution that the Founders decreed to be “necessary for the security of a free state.” And a real militia is not Bubba and his dozen buddies. A real militia is all of the able-bodied people in a community (or at least all of the able bodied patriotic Americans who still believe in individual liberty and the Constitution, and leaving out the communists and the racists). Until we do that, this nation will not be secure or free.
I challenge each of you, and all of us, to take concrete steps, right now, to get that done – to revitalize the militia and become the security of a free state. What steps are those? Well:
- Go armed at all times, in all places. Take that personal responsibility to be the security “first responder” for your community. Understand and accept that the police are really the “second responders” not the first, because they are unlikely to be on scene during an attack. They have to react and show up after the attack is underway. But the people are always on scene, so the people themselves must be the first responders. And don’t think of your gun as just for your own protection or the protection of your loved ones. Think higher than that, to the ideals of the Founders, so that your handgun and your rifle are for PUBLIC defense too – for the defense of the community.
- Be prepared to personally step in and protect your community against any terrorist, be it a jihadist, a crazed “active shooter” or a cop killer. Be mentally prepared to close with and kill the enemy (as we used to say in the infantry), and carry the tools you would need to do it. That means not just a handgun on your person, but also a rifle or shotgun in your vehicle with the appropriate chest rig and ammo carrying webgear or “active shooter response bag” and also hard rifle plates, if you have them. Be ready for the worst case scenario. It is better to have that gear and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Worried about being shot by the police? Then coordinate with them ahead of time so they will know what you will be wearing (a particular color arm band, a particular raid jacket, hat, etc). Be part of the community response, not a useless, gap-mouthed spectator sheep. Be a damned warrior. If six jihadists with body armor and AKs attack your local school, church, or mall, your local cops will be overwhelmed, and they will need the help of the veterans and gun owners to help them put a stop to the killing. Get ready to do that now. Step up and do what is right. Think what would Patrick Henry or Sam Adams do? What would Captain Parker do? In their day, all the men were considered the militia, and all of them would have turned out, musket and hatchet in hand, to stop such an attack. Can you imagine them seeing or hearing of an attack by murderous maniacs on a school, church, or town market and just sitting back and saying “well, I hope the sheriff gets there in time”? No friggin way. They would have jumped right in and put a stop to it themselves. That’s what real Americans do. That’s what free men do. That’s what warriors do.
- Be prepared to personally step up and back up your local police at all times, in all places. Again, coordinate with them. Now is the best time to reach out to them and offer your assistance, just like our Baton Rouge, Louisiana chapter is doing today. Offer to “watch their six” as part of our Operation Backstop (which will be fulling launched by tomorrow morning). In just a bit I will post the letter the Baton Rouge Oath Keepers are giving their sheriff and Chief of Police today. Take that letter and adapt it to your local area and drive on! Make the introduction, and make the offer. Obviously, while at it you can let them know that you expect them to abide by the Constitution and you will not help them do anything that would violate it. But lead with the offer of help, and then you can remind them of the bright lines of the Bill of Rights once they get to know you.
- CREATE COMMUNITY DEFENSE (with the ultimate goal being the restoration of a true militia, made up of all able-bodied citizens in your town, county, and state). As my friend Kevin Reeve of Onpoint Tactical says, “training trumps gear. But community trumps both training and gear.” You certainly do need training in how to use your stack of prepper stuff, but at the same time you need to cultivate community because no matter how “high speed, low drag” you are (or think you are), and no matter what cool-guy gear you have, you gotta sleep sometime, and no lone wolf is going to be able to fight off a gang when they come to take your stuff. The “secret squirrel” prepper model will not cut it. All that does is store up stuff for MS 13 or whatever other gang shows up on your block. Without real security, all your stash will belong to them, along with your head. So, build a community defense team. Start with a:
- Neighborhood watch made up of the people who live around you in your immediate neighborhood or local area. After your own family being squared away, that neighborhood watch is the most critical element, because if you don’t have security for your home, nothing else will matter. And no first responder -no cop, no fire-fighter, no EMT, no posse, and no militia, is going to go anywhere to project out and assist the community if their family is not safe. We see that in any disaster, man made or natural. If the cop’s family is at risk, the cop will go home and protect his family. So will all the other first responders. So will you. So, get the neighborhood watch, with teeth, started. Think of them as the Home Guard. Then build from there, as recommended in our CPT program.
- Church Security Team. From the neighborhood, the next level up is your local church. Every church men’s group should be the church security team. Every church women’s group can focus on food storage and preparedeness. Whatever works in your church. Your church needs to be ready, willing, and able to perform the function of being an emergency shelter to those in need, and the principle relief and charity mechanism for those in need. And it must be able to protect itself, hence the security force. And that security force needs to guard it against terror attack or lone-nut active shooters, and prepare to provide security in times of civil disturbance and Without Rule Of Law (WROL) scenarios.
- VFW Hall serving as Civil Defense Force (and same for American Legion, Marine Corps League, etc). The veterans orgs already have men, leadership, a building, and funds, but they need to understand that they are already a unit, and then step up to be a civil defense and security force for the community. They have knowledgeable veterans from every imaginable MOS who can serve as trainers and leaders and pas on their knowledge to the next generation. They can help form the nucleous of a real town defense force or a Sheriff Posse or town police reserve or auxiliary. They just need someone to wake them up to see the clear and present threat and their duty. Build security teams in all of those social institutions, and work up to creating:
- A Town Watch or town security force. That Town Watch (with teeth) must be from the whole town, and for the whole town. It should not be called the Mayberry Oath Keepers Town Watch. It should just be the “Mayberry Town Watch” period. It is about the town, not any group. And that town watch can include everyone as everyone can contribute something. The more fit and capable can be the security team or QRF within that town watch (much like the Minuteman Companies in the Founders’ day were the more fit and highly trained men within the broader town militia system. and with the more long term goal being a large sheriff posse behind a good sheriff, and then an honest to God town militia of at least company size made up of all able-bodied patriotic citizens in the town, with the town militias then being companies within the larger County militia. Shoot for a company size element, or more, in each town. Then work on the county level to organize and coordinate them all. Call them a Civil Defense team, or Town Security Team, or Town Watch, or whatever works to get it done, and then when it is up and running, you can seek official elected government sanction as a true militia. I will write more extensively on this in the future, but for now, start at that neighborhood watch level and also start a town level “Training Band” or “Carbine Club” (hat tip to Matt Bracken on that) using your Oath Keepers CPT as training cadre to train the whole town. And don’t just think in terms of guns and tactics. Think also about communications, emergency medical, engineering, food storage, and intelligence. Then:
- Work to Revitalize the Militia. Advocate for it, push for it, light a fire under the politicians to get it done, pestering them at every level – town, county, state -but while you do that, build all the above so you will have a well trained, well organized, well equipped, well supplied, united community of volunteers that can then serve as the militia in short order. That is the ultimate goal. And a real militia system would mean every town would have a militia, made up of all able-bodied citizens in the town , with at least a company sized element, and then each town militia would be part of the county militia, and each county militia would be part of the state militia. Anything less really doesn’t deserve to be called a militia, so call it something else (as state above) until it is up to snuff as the real deal. – Stewart