May 8th, 2013

Rasmussen Poll Reports Majority Of U.S. Support Nullification


nullify

This article comes from The New American.

Written by  Joe Wolverton, II, J.D.

In what must be bad news to Attorney General Eric Holder (and his boss in the Oval Office), results of a new Rasmussen poll indicate that 49 percent of respondents believe that the regulation of gun ownership is a state or local issue.

On May 3-4, 2013, Rasmussen Reports polled the opinions of 1,000 likely voters. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points.

What is even less favorable to the administration’s program to exalt the federal government above the states is the poll’s finding that 44 percent of those who participated in the survey believe states retain the right to nullify any act of the federal government they deem constitutionally invalid.

Simply stated, nullification is the exercise by a state or states of the right to hold as null, void, and of no legal effect any act of the federal government that exceeds the boundaries of the powers given to it by the states in the Constitution.

The issue, while not new, has regained prominence recently as the federal government has enacted ObamaCare and various gun control restrictions. Opponents of these efforts point to the fact that the authority to do neither of these things is granted to the federal government in the Constitution. Therefore, states are flexing their sovereign muscles, nullifying these and other attempts by the federal government to constrict the scope of liberty.

Of more particular interest to those in the liberty movement (especially elected officials looking to communicate with likely supporters) is the Rasmussen report that of “mainstream voters” who participated in the survey, 52 percent say that state governments have the right to refuse to enforce any federal act with which they disagree “on legal grounds.”

Read that again: A majority of Americans who vote believe that the federal government does not have the exclusive or the ultimate right to impose its rule on states that regard its acts as unconstitutional or illegal.

The rest of the article.




SUPPORT OUR BILLBOARD CAMPAIGN
Placing billboards outside of military bases to remind service members of their oath


Please donate and support Oath Keepers mission, every little bit helps!



 Read More Posts

Comments posted belong to the commenter alone, and are not endorsed by Oath Keepers or the administrators for this site. We will remove offensive, racist, or threatening comments.

4 Responses to “Rasmussen Poll Reports Majority Of U.S. Support Nullification”

  1. 1
    Patrick C. Says:

    Only 49%? That’s it, we’re boned. Unless the other 51% selected “None of the above, get out of my life” which I doubt since more than enough “likely voters” for Obama hid somewhere until Election Day.

  2. 2
    Stealth Spaniel Says:

    A lot of low information voters have no idea what “nullification” is. If it is properly explained, I think that 49% figure will mushroom to 99%. Personally, this shows me that the Constitution is NOT dead and more citizens are beginning to understand how their personal freedoms are endangered.

  3. 3
    Sam Fox Says:

    I sure hope state govs & legislatures start waking up. The fed govt is so far beyond the Constitution…must be a distant memory, if one at all, to most in DC.

    We also need to have state legislatures send Senators to DC, not voters. That’s the way the Founders set it up. But as usual, the ‘progressives’ changed that. If the Senate was state appointed I betcha we would not have to contend with 0 care.

    SamFox

  4. 4
    Sam Fox Says:

    I forgot to mention another very important form of nullification is jury nullification. JN is just about the last line of defense against un-Constitutional laws & regulations. JN is limited to one case at a time, but if practiced enough times govts will get the message.

    Lotta peeps think of jury duty as an “Oh no!” task. But jury duty is a very important right that we do not want to lose.

    SamFox

Leave a Reply

© 2012 www.oathkeepers.org | Oath Keepers Corp Address: 5130 S. Fort Apache Rd - Las Vegas, NV 89148