August 20th, 2012

Oath Keepers to Rally in Support of Marine Veteran Brandon Raub, Victim of Soviet Style Pre-crime Detention

MESSAGE FROM STEWART RHODES, FOUNDER OF OATH KEEPERS:

Oath Keepers is coming to the aid of this young Marine veteran and our rallying cry will be “CHARGE HIM, OR RELEASE HIM.”  We cannot allow  “mental illness” designations to be used as a weapon against political dissidents in America.    See the below article by Brandon Smith for the disturbing facts regarding the use of mental health detention against Virginia Marine veteran Brandon Raub because of his constitutionally protected free speech on his Facebook page.  As Brandon Smith illustrates, this is exactly what the Soviet Union did to dissidents who dared to criticize the communist regime – they were labeled “insane” and carted off to mental wards.  Now it has begun here in America.  This is a blatant circumvention of constitutional criminal due process which is every bit as dangerous as being designated an “unlawful combatant” under the NDAA and taken away to a military brig for detention without charges.  How is this any different?  Mental health detention can be used in exactly the same way. This is an incredibly dangerous crossing of a critical line in the sand – the politicization of the mental health system, using it as a weapon against dissidents to punish them for their constitutionally protected political speech.   This case is the camel’s nose under the tent, and we need to stomp on it HARD, right now. And we will.

Brandon Raub has very competent local legal counsel provided by the Rutherford Institute. If you would like to donate to his legal defense, go to https://www.rutherford.org/donate/ and be sure to add a note that your donation is for the Raub case. Oath Keepers has offered to write an amicus brief if the Rutherford attorneys think it will help, but our primary goal is to compliment their legal efforts with as many boots on the ground as we can muster to go there in person and rally in outspoken support of this brother veteran. While the case is being tried in the legal courts, we will try it in the court of public opinion and bring as much public pressure to bear as possible. Last night, Oath Keepers leadership, including both national and Virginia Oath Keepers leaders, spoke with Attorney John Whitehead of the Rutherford Institute and also with Brandon Raub’s Mother, Cathleen Thomas. We will be coordinating closely both with his legal team and with his family to support Brandon in any way possible.

Last night I interviewed Cathleen Thomas about her son’s ordeal.   Also on the interview was Oath Keepers Eastern U.S. Vice President Rand Cardwell (a Marine Scout-sniper veteran).   You can listen to that interview here:

To download it, click on this link:

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/aud/Stewart%20Interview%20with%20Cathleen%20Thomas.mp3

Go here to view the “Support Brandon Raub” Facebook page, and to become a friend.

Cathleen also asked us to post this statement from her, about her son:

He’s a good-to-go Marine who understands he is in a situation where he is watched at all times and he knows they are looking for anything to use as a justification for what they are doing to him.  He is disciplined, but please pray for his patience, and his stalwart faith.  He knew that when he spoke up something like this could happen.  He sensed it was coming, and yet he knew he had not just a First Amendment protected right, but also a DUTY to speak out.

We had conversations about what is going on in our country and then decided to do something about it.  We formed the Richmond Liberty movement and held a rally November 15, 2011 and have been very active in the community since.   We were always speaking out against legislation threatening rights, such as SOPA, and writing our legislators.

We thank every single man and woman in Oath Keepers for honoring the Constitution and we appreciate your support. – Cathleen Thomas.

[ turns out Cathleen is a subscriber to our email alert list, and has been a fan of Oath Keepers for some time].

As a dangerous assault on our Constitution, this is very similar to the New Hampshire “baby snatching” case, where a newborn baby was taken from her parents by child protective services only hours after birth, and one of the reasons listed in the affidavit was that the father, Jonathan Irish, was a “member of the militia group, Oath Keepers” (he was not actually a member, but he had been signed up on our free Ning page, and no, we are not a militia, but regardless, we could not let them get away with that use of the father’s constitutionally protected free speech and political associations to take his child).    That too was a camel’s nose under the tent, and if allowed to stand would have been a very chilling precedent of using child protective services as a weapon against unpopular dissidents, to punish them for their speech and association by taking their children.   That would have resulted in people chilling their own speech, sitting down and shutting up, for fear of losing their children.   We called for a rally of Oath Keepers outside the courthouse, and Oath Keepers from around the country responded with boots on the ground   The family had very competent local legal counsel, but there is no doubt that by holding a rally there we helped to put serious public pressure on the officials in New Hampshire to do the right thing. And they did, returning the baby to her parents.

We intend to do much the same here. There are already local liberty activists protesting outside of the Veterans Administration hospital in Salem, Virginia (where Brandon Raub was transferred last night, after a local magistrate rubber stamped his “preventive detention” and extended it for 30 more days).

Salem VA Medical Center

1970 Roanoke Blvd.
Salem, VA 24153
540-982-2463 | 888-982-2463

We urge you to participate in those ongoing protests, and we will also announce a date in the next week or so (likely over Labor Day weekend) when we will hold a special Oath Keepers muster there, to put as many active duty and veteran boots on the ground, on one day, to demand his release. The intent will be to compliment the already ongoing protests/rallies. Stay tuned for details.  But don’t wait for that one event – get out there now, if you can, and urge others to do likewise.

We urge you to spread the word about this cases to everyone – every veteran, every concerned American, every website, every group – especially veterans groups and organizations – and also to put pressure on all public officials involved to do the right thing, and put pressure on federal officials and members of Congress, as well as the Obama Administration, to set this Marine free. Demand that they charge him or release him!  And if you have contacts among current serving Marines at Camp Lejeune, give them a heads up and urge them to be in Salem over the Labor Day Weekend to stand for a brother.

This use of mental health services as a weapon is straight out of the DHS/SPLC playbook.  Recall that Richard Cohen, the Chairman of the Southern Poverty Law Center, sat on the DHS Working Group on Countering Violent Extremism – making SPLC essentially part of DHS.  In the published recommendations of that working group in 2010, addressed to the Secretary of Homeland Security, they specifically recommend that DHS use local social services, including mental health services to counter “violent extremism.”  This case, just as with the Irish baby snatching case, is precisely what SPLC wants to see done to all of us pesky constitutionalists and liberty lovers on the political right in this country.  They want, more than anything, to turn all of the apparatus of the state into a weapon against their political opponents, and above all, they want local police to be their tools of oppression, with their power coming out of the barrels of police guns.

We must defend this brother Marine, brother veteran, and fellow American. If we don’t, then we will be next, and once the “mental health” raids begin in earnest, we will be at the “Solzhenitsyn moment” when we will have no choice but to resist. Don’t wait till then. The time to stand is now. Sweat now, or bleed later. Stand up, step up, and show up now, right there in the streets of Salem, Virginia, by the hundreds or thousands, or you will have to step out onto battlefield America later. The choice is yours.

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito (Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it) -Virgil.

For the Republic,

Stewart Rhodes

ARTICLE BY BRANDON SMITH:

Veteran Marine Sergeant Victim Of Pre-Crime Authoritarianism

By Brandon Smith, Associate Editor

During the height of communist power in the former Soviet Union, the corrupt establishment bureaucracy often sought out ways in which they could deal with or silence dissident movements and outspoken individuals while avoiding public exposure and minimize blowback from the Russian populace.  A very effective method they devised was the use of the ‘Psikhushka’, or psychiatric prisons where activists against the state could be held indefinitely, isolated from other prisoners and the rest of the world.  By housing dissidents in mental hospitals, the Soviet government hoped that the public would assume that the prisoners were “psychologically unstable or deranged” and that if the activist ever did get word to others about his political incarceration, no one would believe his claims anyway.

The strategy allowed the Soviets to severely stifle anti-government speech for quite some time, feeding terror into the citizenry who now carefully censored themselves for fear of authoritarian retribution, not to mention the possible betrayal of friends and neighbors who might turn them in for a pat on the head from the state.  In fact, the widespread propaganda that the communists promoted amongst the public was that anyone who actually did speak out against the government “had to be mentally ill”, creating entirely new clinical designations to categorize those who refused to comply.  Professors operating in the Soviet run Moscow Serbsky Institute claimed that:

“Most frequently, ideas about a struggle for truth and justice are formed by personalities with a paranoid structure…”

Now, compare this abuse of psychiatry to the DSM-IV-TR manual used by doctors today in the diagnosing of mental illness.  In it, you will find the term “oppositional defiance disorder”, a supposed illness which encompasses anybody who is disobedient, defiant, a free thinker, or even considered hostile toward authority.

The pigeonholing of political activists and anti-authoritarians is a process that is alive and well in the U.S. today.  This fact has been made even more apparent by the abrupt detainment or (non-arrest-arrest) of Marine Sergeant Brandon Raub of Chesterfield County, Virginia for posts he made to his Facebook page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YaE5zChbC5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLpChd1-8Q4&feature=player_embedded#!

Early reports on the event were sparse, and so far the mainstream media has stayed away from the issue entirely.  However, new information is slowly surfacing, and here is what we know so far…

The FBI, the Chesterfield County Police, and apparently the Secret Service were videotaped by Raub’s family hauling him away in handcuffs.  These agencies claim that Brandon is “not under arrest”.

Dee Rybiski, a spokeswoman for the Richmond FBI office, would not comment on the matter except to reiterate that no arrest had been made.

“We don’t comment on mental-health issues or anything like that,” she said. “We simply went to speak with him about the many complaints that we had gotten about his posts.”

http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2012/aug/20/tdmet01-veteran-has-hearing-today-mother-says-ar-2142038/

The local police reiterated that “there is no criminal matter” and that they were only present to help the FBI transport Raub.

This is a rather strange stance on the part of law enforcement officials, considering they claimed during the incident that Raub was taken away for “resisting arrest”.  I would love to hear the FBI’s explanation on how a man can resist arrest without officially being arrested…?

According to Raub’s family, he was never read his Miranda Rights.  And, Raub himself stated:

“I talked to a Secret Service gentleman for 20, 30 minutes,” Raub said. “I was very cooperative and answered everything honestly…”

Raub is currently being held at the Salem VA Medical Center, where he is to be “detained” after a hearing before a judge who has enforced a 96 hour “observation period”:

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/news/2012/aug/19/tdmet02-chesterfield-man-held-in-hospital-on-conce-ar-2140519/

The comments which allegedly sparked his persecution included references on Facebook to the government’s complicity in 9/11, his belief that there will be a revolution in America, and suggestions that the Bush family is populated with “child rapists”.

Whether or not you agree with any of Raub’s assertions, the bottom line is that under the First Amendment he is perfectly within his rights to publicly uphold them.  There is no law against “conspiracy theory”, at least, not yet…

Raub’s family has also stated that the FBI believes some of his comments to be “terroristic” and threatening in nature.  The only comment that I could find that could be even remotely interpreted as threatening is this post from August 13:

“Sharpen up my axe; I’m here to sever heads…”

This is NOT a statement that could be upheld in any respectable courtroom as being a specific threat and is not prosecutable.  Also as it turns out, the line is a lyric from a song by the band ‘Swollen Members’ entitled “Bring Me Down”:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/swollenmembers/bringmedown.html

So, apparently if the FBI does not like your taste in tunes you can be whisked away to a mental hospital.  Take note music fans…

Raub’s other comments include:

“If you are unaware of the great amount of evil perpetrated by the American Government I suggest you take … your head out of the sand. The day of reckoning is almost at hand.”

“I am standing against a great evil. I will do it all by myself if I have to.”

This is obviously not a mentally ill person, but a political activist and dissident being subjected to a new standard of “Pre-Crime” on the part of our government.  This action is, in my view, meant to set a precedent by which many other veterans and common citizens who oppose the criminality of the establishment will be subjected, detained, and who knows what could happen after.  The sky is truly the limit.

Pre-Crime arrests also cause self-censorship in the public, as well as encourage a tattle-tale culture of simpering slaves.  I believe Brandon Raub’s “detainment” is a test case for the demonization and prosecution of the Liberty Movement as a whole, and a primary step in the destruction of free speech in America.  If we do not take this event seriously, and attack it with every effort, we cannot expect to be saved when the pre-crime police are one day sent to our own doorsteps.

UPDATE, August 22, 2012:

Chesterfield Police Department Statement

Rutherford Institute Attorneys’ Statement About Case

Local News Article: Chesterfield Marine Veteran to Remain Detained Over Facebook Posts

SUPPORT OUR BILLBOARD CAMPAIGN
Placing billboards outside of military bases to remind service members of their oath

Please donate and support Oath Keepers mission, every little bit helps!

Read More Posts

Comments posted belong to the commenter alone, and are not endorsed by Oath Keepers or the administrators for this site. We will remove offensive, racist, or threatening comments.

51 Responses to “Oath Keepers to Rally in Support of Marine Veteran Brandon Raub, Victim of Soviet Style Pre-crime Detention”

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All

1. 1
    tuxkabin Says:

A duty to suppress.
    Ok. Let’s see if I have this right for it is very important just how the rule of law should apply in this greater-less country we all live in now.
    It all starts with the highest court in the land the supreme court of the United States of America. Of whom are required to be un-bias in all thought and rules of law. First this can-not be for we have gay or (Queer) members. The rule of law is based on natural law, or the law of Nature, and a person’s ( rights) given to them by ,for and only by ones God given rights, to be a Freeman or a Freewomen. To first be a person of good moral turpitude as the Judicial cannons command of a Supreme Court member, what we have is a fake , unjust, and illegal Supreme Court for they are known Democrats, and known Republicans not to mention now they are also Queer’s.
    Then we take a step down a bit to the highest legal person in our Republic. That would be the head of the Department of Justice, not to mention that he Mr. Holder is a Black supremacist, possible Queer, White hater, and Marxist, Communist, profiteer, gun runner of international borders, drug smuggler, and money embezzler, The rule of law starts and stops with the head law enforcement officer of America, one Eric Holder head of the Department of Justice. Eric Holder is an illegal crook in every single aspect of the Rule of Law, the whole of the definition of a crook or con-man or simple thief is what you have as the head law enforcement office of America (A criminal mind). Repeat offender, a career criminal. Now this does not let the Local and state level law enforcement officers off the hook, they too are allllllllllll a party to the crime, yes if you have a badge or legal license you too are just a bad as the top law enforcement officer in America. For you have acted in an unconscionable manner every single day you put your badge on. PERIOD the real rule of law, and yes you now are a joke and have no legal standing of effect in any legal force or since of the law. PERIOD. You too are now a criminal for you have the chance to arrest these criminals and you did NOT.
    Now let’s take the military, we are told every single day of our lives that these people of fine uniform are here to serve and protect us true Americans. But they have also entered into so many unlawful orders I can no long court them all. We now have an army of paid merks. They serve the Unite Nations and NATO as if they are their God and not the American People. Yes the rule of law also applies to all service men and women. The rule of law states that you will follow orders given to you by your commands and chiefs. But what if you’re Commander and Chief is not only an illegal Alien to your nation but a true Marxist and Communist from the rite of passage and birth. We to this day still do not have any idea who this Negro is? Nor what his real name is now or past. (INVADER) from with-in, our borders. So if I have this right our service men and women are knowingly serving a traitor under the rule of law and the rules of God and Nature. They have put their pay plans and pensions and promised future education levels in front of God and Country. I do not believe I have to say it here but I will, if you have not stood down from this communist ruler in the white house your Chief commander then you also are without a doubt a traitor in-side the walls of our government and great-less country they call America. Not to mention the flag you serve has yellow ribbons tied around it, of which is the flag of the sea which states you serve and only serve the international law of the sea and nations (United Nations). You are a traitor, you have gone to war without the approval of true Americans, or Congress you have worn the blue hat of the enemies of this Great-less country, you have served and held you have hand out for your share of the goodies, you who have told your children that you have proudly served America, and now it is your sons and daughters time to do the same, for you are too old to fight let the kids do it now. You have betrayed the rule of law and taken you ill- gotten gains from a communist and the true American’s. You sirs not just a few of you but all of you are liars to your won person and traitors to all of free man kind. Enjoy your paper fruits of wealth and retirement pensions and never forget now what you have become. You are the scum of the earth, the armed tranny who have destroyed this great country, and violated all of the rules of our laws, the laws of man. For their has not been one war in my life time that was ordered by our congress nor the people that I am aware of as I am myself approaching 60 yrs of life. You have violated all of the rules and cannons of this great country.
    From the street cop to the chief law enforcement officer of America you have no (STANDING) in America anymore you in fact are nothing short of a criminal group of tyrants, who falsely parade around the streets to collect money for the courts a simple (FEE COLLECTOR) you are no longer a paid professional but a street thug and Merks. Just like the people who you follow and support every time you put that badge on. You have no standing in our country no more, nor have you had for some time now. You too have chosen to sell your sole to the devil for a simple pay check and pension. You pay your union dues or Guilds dues to the International police officers Union who in turn gives that money to the Communist party U.S.A. but not like your fellow Fire Fighters who have stolen every medical service afforded to real rescue providers, they also forward their tax money from me the real tax payer to the Communist Party U.S.A. Thru their fire fighters international unions dues. It almost looks as if you work for the Tranny who claims to be our Government; you all have sold your soles (if you ever even had one) to the devil for a dollar bill. Never shall we forget that we the people “are the Government” and you sirs are just paid public servants, beggars of our hard earned tax dollars.
    While all of you push and pull on the American people with your fake badges and uniforms, you might want to look in the mirror one day and drop to your knees for what you have done to the future of our country and for your children as well, for they can’t all get that Government jobs as you did, and millions, I repeat millions will someday be left in the cold as I. While you watch your neighbors’ children grow up and beat yours for they will now have your badge. I laugh at all of you for your cheap soles will burn forever in hell the place God has put for people as you, who have become gut-less whale and sheep dip. Yes, yes, I know you would, love to kick my ass as you have so many, even if I am disabled and cannot fight back as a full and healthy man, because that is what you have done for so long to so many, always push the ones who are too old or sick to fight back, make sure that you have every tool that your Communist Government leaders have afforded to you. You would never think of being normal like the ones who you have poorly served and stolen our tax dollars all of your life. You smirk, at us and demand that we do not speak out aloud or back to your illegal in-justice and false rule of law. You are Gods to the people and you can kill at will or crush a small child or broken down old man with the blow of any of your weapons. You have the courts in your back pockets and the Rule of Law does not apply to you anymore, so your will is now the devils will, go out and break the people place them in irons and never, never, violate your duty to collect more and more fines, for without them you too would have nothing but a monthly fixed income based solely for the poor and beaten of this Great-Less country. You are real men and women who Judge, and serve your everyday could be your last. So steal and steal now for there could and might not be a tomorrow, that’s right get yours too like the ones before you have done, and if it was good enough for them then surely it will be good enough for you too. But your Children will spat on your graves when they awake to find you gone one day and true True Rule of Law gone forever. Go forth the end of the fight is near, you have all done you jobs well (VERY WELL TO THIS DAY). Take what is mine and live well for you have earned it every single penny. Enjoy those rest-less nights if you still have a heart, if not just enjoy it all until the end of your drink is short and near.
    The day is near and the future of this Nation is now unclear, but you can be assured your fight has just begun. You continue to violate every decent thing that nature has provided “We The People”. Yes I spit on all of you and you can break my back, hands and arms as you have done so many times thru out your lives, but you can never have my sole. One thing for sure is I feel cheated out of my large investment of taxes in your all. We did not get what we paid for.
    Tuxkabin
    The word Tuxkabin comes from the old Mayan language which means where are you going?
    Why I am going to the hands of God and you?

2. 2
    Josey Montana Says:

Okay. So what do we do? How does one attack this? What are “best practices” in other lands with repressive, totalitarian regimes?

3. 3
    Larry Says:

Well said. This is indeed a test case. Having someone with unpopular or eccentric views being kidnapped and subjected to who-knows-what at the hands of government head-shrinkers is like some kind of surreal horror story we used to hear about the Stazi is East Germany.

I am FAR more afraid of our out-of-control police state than I am of even the looniest ranter on the internet.

4. 4
    Austrian Economics is Color Blind Says:

First, everyone should go see the new movie called “2016: Obama’s America” by Dinesh D’Souza.

To get an idea of what is discussed in the film, check out this article, also by D’Souza:

How Obama Thinks
    http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2010/0927/politics-socialism-capitalism-private-enterprises-obama-business-problem_print.html

Reviews suggest (to me) that there is some neocon influence on the film, but, from what I’ve heard and read of D’Souza so far, I can say that the information he has about Obama’s formative years, and the Marxists he grew up around, is not to be missed.

I hear there are also connections shown between Obama, Bill Ayers, and Bernadine Dohrn – the last two being 1960’s Marxist radicals who, likewise and to this day, believe that America’s imperialism is the result of what they think is the free market.

(Having incorrectly assessed the origins of British imperialism, their would-be remedies include more of the same collectivist policies that gave rise to that which they claim to fighting; Policies which include fiat money [and with it, central banks] and anti-trust laws. Fiat money is what allows empires to fund imperialist wars, and anti-trust laws end up securing corporatist monopolies [where a business gets special privileges from the state], because costly regulations are used as a form of protectionism, in that they price out new competitors.)

It’s collectivism that’s responsible for empires; Not our supposedly free market.

_
    Second, with regard to this great article, here’s how our Founders spoke about government:

Federalist papers No. 28:

-Begin excerpt-

If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair. The usurpers, clothed with the forms of legal authority, can too often crush the opposition in embryo. The smaller the extent of the territory, the more difficult will it be for the people to form a regular or systematic plan of opposition, and the more easy will it be to defeat their early efforts. Intelligence can be more speedily obtained of their preparations and movements, and the military force in the possession of the usurpers can be more rapidly directed against the part where the opposition has begun. In this situation there must be a peculiar coincidence of circumstances to insure success to the popular resistance.

-End excerpt-

_
    Federalist papers No. 46:

-Begin excerpt-

But ambitious encroachments of the federal government, on the authority of the State governments, would not excite the opposition of a single State, or of a few States only. They would be signals of general alarm. Every government would espouse the common cause. A correspondence would be opened. Plans of resistance would be concerted. One spirit would animate and conduct the whole. The same combinations, in short, would result from an apprehension of the federal, as was produced by the dread of a foreign, yoke; and unless the projected innovations should be voluntarily renounced, the same appeal to a trial of force would be made in the one case as was made in the other. But what degree of madness could ever drive the federal government to such an extremity. In the contest with Great Britain, one part of the empire was employed against the other. The more numerous part invaded the rights of the less numerous part. The attempt was unjust and unwise; but it was not in speculation absolutely chimerical. But what would be the contest in the case we are supposing? Who would be the parties? A few representatives of the people would be opposed to the people themselves; or rather one set of representatives would be contending against thirteen sets of representatives, with the whole body of their common constituents on the side of the latter.

-Skip-

Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. And it is not certain, that with this aid alone they would not be able to shake off their yokes. But were the people to possess the additional advantages of local governments chosen by themselves, who could collect the national will and direct the national force, and of officers appointed out of the militia, by these governments, and attached both to them and to the militia, it may be affirmed with the greatest assurance, that the throne of every tyranny in Europe would be speedily overturned in spite of the legions which surround it.

-End excerpt-

5. 5
    Bryan David Pierce Says:

I find it disgraceful that Sec State Clinton will criticize other country leaders for stopping the exercise of free demonstrations of the people particularly in Syria,however, turn a blind eye on this issue right in her own back yard. Of course, she is a coward and would never stand against this outrageous “detainment” against a marine who has only exercised free speech. Ms “Rotten” Clinton’s ridiculous rhetoric about the federalist papers during the last election appear only to be lip service and not a full fledged adherent protection of the sacred document that so many men and women have sworn to protect only to dodge and hide when we need a leader who will lead and enforce the rule of law in the country. Does anyone in Washington have the courage to stand with our founding fathers and stand against this blatant disregard for the 1st amendment right. As a statesmen of the state of Indiana, I am deeply outraged by this “detainment”. I find it even more shameful and disgusting that the “gentlemen” living in the white house is not only turning a blind eye, but is probably behind this type of suppression that has begun since he signed the NDAA on 12/31/2011. I can assure you that what is done in secret will be shouted from the mountain tops of this great nation. The thing that made this country great wasn’t just the Constitution, it was brave men and women who were not afraid to stand up against the type of Government that no longer recognizes that government receives its power from the governed even to the point that one loses fame,fortune,family to ensure that our posterity remains free for another 225 years! In the words of my former commander-in-chief on his 34 address to the nation 1/11/89, “We the People tell the government what to do and not the other way around”. I stand behind those very words and irregardless if Reagan was a part of the establishment or not. That statement is still true and as long as I have breath, I will remind this government who’s the boss??? We the people are!! May the God of Abraham, Issac, Jacob and Joseph, continue to bless this nation. And let freedom continue to ring all across this land. Perhaps a famous quote from one of the men on the PA plane that went down in 2001,”let’s roll…” would suffice in closing…………… current lifetime member of oath-keepers and defender of the Constitution of the United States of America. est 1787.
    General B. David Pierce.

6. 6
    Rob Says:

“If we do not take this event seriously, and attack it with every effort, we cannot expect to be saved when the pre-crime police are one day sent to our own doorsteps.”

So what effort exactly is Oath Keepers doing or prepared to do?

7. 7
    Austrian Economics is Color Blind Says:

Like I’ve said before, the ONLY enemies are those elected representatives who have violated their oath to the constitution.

Not the Marxists in the street, or their leaders.

Not judges, either, because they are accountable to our representatives, while our representatives are directly accountable to us.

The Federalist Papers explains this:

Federalist No. 81:

-Begin excerpt-

It may in the last place be observed that the supposed danger of judiciary encroachments on the legislative authority, which has been upon many occasions reiterated, is in reality a phantom. Particular misconstructions and contraventions of the will of the legislature may now and then happen; but they can never be so extensive as to amount to an inconvenience, or in any sensible degree to affect the order of the political system. This may be inferred with certainty, from the general nature of the judicial power, from the objects to which it relates, from the manner in which it is exercised, from its comparative weakness, and from its total incapacity to support its usurpations by force. And the inference is greatly fortified by the consideration of the important constitutional check which the power of instituting impeachments in one part of the legislative body, and of determining upon them in the other, would give to that body upon the members of the judicial department. This is alone a complete security. There never can be danger that the judges, by a series of deliberate usurpations on the authority of the legislature, would hazard the united resentment of the body intrusted with it, while this body was possessed of the means of punishing their presumption, by degrading them from their stations. While this ought to remove all apprehensions on the subject, it affords, at the same time, a cogent argument for constituting the Senate a court for the trial of impeachments.

-End excerpt-

_
    Of course, we have a problem with those of our Senators who are Marxists, in that they wouldn’t be inclined to hold judges accountable to the Constitution if given the opportunity by the House.

And the reason we have Marxist Senators is because of the 17th Amendment:

Repeal the Seventeenth Amendment
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo93.html

-Begin excerpt-

Rossum correctly points out that the system of federalism or “divided sovereignty” that the founding fathers created with the Constitution was never intended to be enforced by the Supreme Court alone. Congress, the president, and most importantly, the citizens of the states, were also to have an equal say on constitutional matters.

The citizens of the states were to be represented by their state legislatures. As Roger Sherman wrote in a letter to John Adams: “The senators, being . . . dependent on [state legislatures] for reelection, will be vigilant in supporting their rights against infringement by the legislative or executive of the United States.”

-Skip-

The direct election of senators was said to be more democratic, and therefore would reduce, if not end, corruption. There was a good bit of corruption involved in the election of senators, but the source of the corruption was: democracy!

As Rossum recounts, in 1866 a new federal law was passed that mandated for the first time how the states were to appoint senators. First, a voice vote would be taken in each house. If there was no overwhelming choice, then a concurrent vote would be taken. This process revealed information about voting preferences to minority cliques within the legislatures, who then knew who they had to support or oppose. The end result was frequent gridlocks (71 from 1885 to 1912 alone). The deadlocks were inevitably ended by bribery. Thus “democracy, in the form of the 1866 law, led to the bribery, so that the natural “cure” for the problem was: More democracy!

-End excerpt-

And finally, none of our efforts can be successful without abandoning the fiat money which makes these tyrannies possible.

8. 8
    Wendy N. Says:

What can we do? In tyrannical situations, the government rules the information. We can bring light to the situation. Share, share, share. Email and call the local media especially, since they’re pretty much the only ones reporting it; we need more of them. The more he is talked about, the more know about his situation, and the less control “they” have of the situation. The truth always beats evil…it’s basic Christianity (as well as other) religious thought.
    Also, donate to his cause through rutherford.org (the Rutherford Institute), which is providing him with legal representation.

9. 9
    Wendy N. Says:

Update on Brandon: he’s being moved to the Vets Hospiral in Salem, VA, 3 1/2 hours away from his family and counsel. This has been verified by the family on the Support Brandon Raub FB page, as well as Ben Swann’s FB page; he will be mentioning it on tomorrow’s show, link to be available on Ben’s FB page tomorrow pm. http://www.examiner.com/article/update-on-brandon-raub-s-detention

Here’s a link to Ben’s earlier coverage of the NDAA: This is a report on developments with the NDAA that aired in Cincinnati on August 14, 2012
    http://www.fox19.com/story/19278682/reality-check-obama-administration-refuses-to-tell-judge-if-ndaa-is-being-illegally-enforced

10. 10
    Ricky Says:

I am truly beginning to see why Charles Dyer (Another Marine black bagged and arrested by the FBI) said:

“All you do is hold picket signs in front of congress, and walk away with your tail between your legs when they shove it down your throat! Is this what America’s become? ”

“To take up arms against your own government, is to love you country and your freedom more than you love your own life”.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All