Oath Keepers Operation Sleeping Giant: Awakening Veterans to Get off the U.S.S. Economic Titanic and Back Onboard the U.S.S. Constitution
By Stewart Rhodes
April 17th 2011
Where We Are:
Where We Should Be:
“The USS Constitution is still sitting right there, off the stern! She’s still sea-worthy, able to weather any storm. We need to jump off of this weak, fiat imitation of a system we have been conned into sailing for nearly a hundred years, and get back onboard with our Constitution.”
U.S.S. Economic Titanic has already hit the economic ice-berg and is sinking. Arguing over who should be the next captain is not going to save us. Even if we replaced the entire leadership staff, by firing all of Congress, that also won’t save us. Those who have served in the infantry know the old saying “embrace the suck,” which means to accept reality and deal with it. Well, we need to accept the reality that an economic collapse is coming, embrace the suck, and deal with it. As Patrick Henry said, it is better to know the worst, and provide for it, than to delude ourselves with false hope.
Frankly, we should be glad it is coming on our watch, so that we can clean up the mess we have allowed to happen, rather than leaving it to our children and grand-children to fix. As Thomas Paine said, “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.” Exactly. This is our watch, so let’s get it done so our children and grand-children may have peace and freedom.
So, knowing that the ship is sinking, what do we do? Do we sit on our butts and wail and cry about what’s coming, while waiting to hit the icy water? Do we jump into life-boats and wallow around, waiting to be rescued? That’s what the globalist power elites want us to do. When the Federal Reserve created fiat money system collapses, when the ship sinks, they will then “rescue us” by sweeping us all onboard the U.N.N. Global Leviathan – their “final solution” of a world-wide version of the “Fed” (out of the IMF) along with ‘world governance.” That has been their plan all along – con us into sailing an un-seaworthy fiat hulk, sail it into an iceberg, and then “rescue” us onto their massive prison ship. You think getting rid of the Federal Reserve is tough? Just wait till you are under a world “federal reserve.”
So what do we do? Well, the USS Constitution is still sitting right there, off the stern! She’s still sea-worthy, able to weather any storm. We need to jump off of this weak, fiat imitation of a system we have been conned into sailing for nearly a hundred years, and get back onboard with our Constitution. We have neglected her. The supposed leaders have forsaken her. But we, the crew – us oath-sworn veterans, and We the People – who are the real owners – can still sail her if we but realize she is still there, just waiting for us.
Let’s patch the sails, plug any leaks, man our battle stations and get Old Ironsides ready to give the U.N.N. Global Leviathan a long overdue royal ass kicking. And then let’s sail back into liberty waters onboard the Constitutional Republic built by the blood and sweat of our forefathers. That is the answer to the globalist’s plans. And that is exactly why Oath Keepers has launched Operation Sleeping Giant (www.operationsleepinggiant.org).
“Let’s patch the sails, plug any leaks, man our battle stations and get Old Ironsides ready to give the U.N.N. Global Leviathan a long overdue royal ass kicking.”
Certainly we are all in this together, whether or not we are veterans, but the veterans of this nation have a critical role to play. Each of us who served are still bound by our oaths to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and we must acknowledge that it has been because of our neglect of our duties, because of our negligence, that our nation has come to this. So, we veterans have a duty to right this wrong. We have the training and leadership experience it will take to help lead our people in resisting the dark plans of the global elites and in getting back to liberty. Together, we can defeat them and restore our Republic.
OPERATION SLEEPING GIANT
“I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.” Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto after attacking Pearl Harbor.*
America’s veterans truly are like a sleeping giant. It is time to awaken them and fill them with a terrible resolve to defeat the domestic enemies of our Constitution and their globalist fellow travelers. If we wake the veterans up, this Republic will be saved. If we don’t, then I fear that this Republic will fall. If we can’t get the veterans to step up and do what must be done to save our Republic, then how can we expect to get the rest of our people to do what must be done?
So, let’s WAKE THEM UP so they can help us wake up the whole country and so they can take the lead in restoring this Republic and resisting the plans of the enemy.
If we reach the veterans fast and “reactivate” them, with their leadership we can get our neighborhoods, towns, counties and states squared away so we won’t be weak and desperate when the fiat money system crashes. The stronger ‘We the People’ are within our states, the less pretext there will be for “martial law” during a crisis and the less likely the current serving military and police will be to go along with it.
The more wide awake and prepared the veterans are, the more they can lead their neighbors in weathering the storm without sacrificing liberty on the alter of temporary security. Veterans can lead the people in standing up and defending the powers reserved to the states or to the people (see the 10th Amendment), resisting the liberty crushing plans of the political and financial elites who intend to use chaos as an excuse to scrap our Constitution and national sovereignty once and for all.
Time is short, and we must get the veterans to focus on:
- Food, fuel, emergency medical, and communications security and independence (and general preparedness) – as individuals, within local veterans organization chapters, neighborhood mutual aid societies, churches, co-ops, farmers markets, and at the town, county and state levels. As a start, follow the advice on http://www.providentliving.org/ (you don’t need to be LDS to learn from their experience in food storage and preparedness, or to use their canning facilities). Grow gardens. Support your local farmers. Fight any regulation that would limit your ability to grow your own food. Why is food first? Because it is the hardest to improvise, and it is a great weakness of modern man, who, with few exceptions, no longer stores up for bad times. Ditto for fuel and medical supplies. And when it comes to communications, we must have in place an alternative system, such as HAM Radio, so if/when the internet comes down (or is taken down) we can still communicate (for example, if each VFW Hall had a HAM Radio, that would provide a state-wide network).
- Physical security and Independence – again as individuals, neighborhoods, veterans organization chapters, towns, counties and states, to include forming neighborhood watches; mutual aid associations; a volunteer sheriff’s posse (staffed by self-supplied volunteers but under direct command of the sheriff); and county militias established by county ordinances but staffed by self-supplied and self-funded volunteers (as is done in volunteer fire departments all over this nation); state defense forces under command of the governor; and ultimately, a true state militia, established by state statute, capable of “repelling invasions” (using the research and model bills of Dr. Edwin Vieira). As for training, a great first step for the newbie or for those who are rusty would be to attend the Project Appleseed rifle instruction program, offered for a pittance in every state by traveling volunteer instructors. See www.appleseedinfo.org for details.
- Economic security and independence – as individuals and communities, including barter networks, use of silver and gold as real money, and sound money bills at the county and state levels (as Utah just passed). This would also include each of us having a “liberty trade” – something you can do even in a very localized, back-to-basics economy, and we must support and build resilient local economies that can weather hard times. We must have an alternative to the fiat money system in place when it collapses, so we can resist what the globalists have in store for us next. See www.alt-market.com for details.
- State sovereignty and nullification of unconstitutional federal laws and actions. Veterans must support only sheriffs, local and state legislators, and governors who have the knowledge, courage, and integrity to keep their oaths. To vote for an oath breaker, is to become an oath breaker. We must enforce the bounds of the Constitution and defend the powers reserved to the states and to the people (see the Tenth Amendment) by supporting state sovereignty resolutions and nullification of unconstitutional laws. See http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/. Likewise, we must defend the inherit power of the jury to judge the law as well as the facts and to acquit even in the face of the law (jury nullification). See www.fija.org. And eventually we must kick the bums out of DC and replace them with citizen legislators, as GOOOH recommends. See http://goooh.com/
Go to www.operationsleepinggiant.org to learn more about what we have planned and to read upcoming articles that will provide details on each of the above. Certainly, there are other critical actions that all of us should be taking to both stop abuse of our rights and to restore our Republic, but the above four areas of focus are absolutely essential if we are to resist the plans of the globalist elites. These are necessary. We must be strong in these four areas when the crash comes.
What we do now, in whatever time we have left, will be critical. We must focus on solutions, not just diagnoses of the problems. And the solution is to restore our Republic from the bottom up, strengthening our communities at the neighborhood, town, county and state levels as we go. None of us has a crystal ball. We don’t know exactly at what point the collapse will come. But when it comes we will certainly be in a stronger position than we are now, if we start from the bottom up, rather than putting all of our focus on Washington DC, as people tend to do.
Maybe we will only have time to get our neighborhoods ready. Maybe we will be fortunate enough to be squared away at the county level when the collapse comes. Or maybe we will be fortunate enough to have time to get it done all the way up to the state level. Certainly, we can work on all levels at the same time, but it is best to focus most of our energy on ourselves and our local communities, and work our way up from there. And we can do it in both the private and public sphere. We shouldn’t put all our eggs in any one basket. Let’s build up public institutions, but also while doing so, let’s take private action as individuals, family, friends, and neighbors.
Once again, we should be doing all of the above anyway, because that’s what it means to be a free people in free, sovereign states, in a constitutional republic, but it is especially crucial as we face the prospects of a coming economic collapse. Time is short, so please help us spread the message to all veterans and all Americans, and turn the tide.
Throughout our history, all of our enemies have misjudged the strength and resolve of the American people. The British Officer Corps were convinced that Americans were cowards who would not dare to fire on the Kings troops, only to have their asses handed to them by a swarm of ticked off American veterans while retreating back to Boston from Lexington and Concord. Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan also misjudged our resolve, confusing our love of prosperity and peace with weakness, only to awaken a sleeping giant that kicked them in the teeth. Our enemies have always misjudged us as being too soft, too decadent, too disorganized and weak to put up much of a fight. And we have proved them wrong every time. The same holds true now, in the fight against the globalist, power-mad “elites’ who think they have us pegged, think they have it all figured out, and think we are too weak to resist their plans. It’s time to give them a lesson in American ingenuity and resolve.
Founder of Oath Keepers
* The quote from Admiral Yamamoto is in dispute, with some contending that it is apocryphal. Regardless of whether he actually said it, that statement is certainly consistent with his view of Americans and of the military capacity of the United States once awakened, after his time living and studying in America.
More about the author: Stewart Rhodes is the founder and President of Oath Keepers. He served as a U.S. Army paratrooper until disabled in a rough terrain parachuting accident during a night jump. He is a former firearms instructor and former member of Rep. Ron Paul’s DC staff. Stewart previously wrote the monthly Enemy at the Gates column for S.W.A.T. Magazine and has written for Gerry Spence’s, The Warrior. Stewart graduated from Yale Law School in 2004, where his paper “Solving the Puzzle of Enemy Combatant Status” won Yale’s Judge William E. Miller Prize for best paper on the Bill of Rights. He assisted teaching U.S. military history at Yale, and was a Yale Research Scholar. He is currently writing a book on the dangers of the U.S. government applying the international laws of war to the American people.
“Join Oath Keepers and Support Operation Sleeping Giant. Click here to join! You DO NOT have to be prior service to join as an associate member. We welcome all patriotic citizens to join as associate members in support of our mission. Special membership discount and benefits package in effect”
Please re-post this banner at your site
Copy and paste this code into your site
SUPPORT OUR BILLBOARD CAMPAIGN
Placing billboards outside of military bases to remind service members of their oath
Please donate and support Oath Keepers mission, every little bit helps!